Monday, August 13, 2012

It's the Final Countdown!!! (8th letter, August 13, 2012)


It's official. One week from this moment I will be on a plane on my way to Chile. I'm freaking out. haha I'm not super nervous or anything about the culture shock, I've been blessed to do some international travelling and know that it will be super weird and different haha. But still the thing that makes me nervous is the language barrier! Especially since Chilenos speak such different Spanish, just with their accents and their slang and such! It's sad because of course I'm just getting really comfortable with the Spanish here in the MTC... But of course right when that happens I get to get sent to Chile and have all my confidence shot down! haha. But really, I'm nervous, but really excited, and am expecting not to understand anything until maybe like a week in?? haha
 
So for family.... Maybe Mom and Dad you can make the final decisions and DearElder me what you want me to do? Because while I'm at the airport I can call you. So I don't know who I should all call and blah blah blah... So Mom and Dad can you decide that and let me know? haha. Thank you.
 
  • We have to arrive at the travel office here at 6am on Monday, August 20th.
  • We then head off to the Salt Lake Airport, and we take a flight to LAX leaving at 10:05am and arrive at 11:00am.
  • LAX leave at 1:25pm and arrive at Santiago Chile at 5:40am August 21st
  • We then fly from Santiago at 8:20am to Concepcion and arrive at 9:35am
AND THEN I'LL BE IN CHILE. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is realllllll. Ahhhhhh. ahhhhh...... haha... ahhh.
 
So those are my travel plans. We'll see what problems occur and what happens, but that's what's written on paper! haha. So again, Mom and Dad, could you DearElder me and let me know what you think the best plan would be?? Thank you!
 
Well... the computers are freaking out and I have a ton of stuff to do so I'll keep the rest of this really short, sorry :/
 
This past Tuesday I was able to see my sister Bub (Alli) at the devotional and it was AWESOME! I was so excited and so happy to see her! You look great bub! and THANK YOU SO MUCH Bub and Sam for the donuts and gummy bears :) They were so goooood. The Gummy Bears are still around but the donuts definitely got demolished haha. Thank you so much. That was fantastic. It was definitely another tough/sad goodbye though.... but life goes on haha. Thanks bub, It was awesome to see you :)
 
So I still never sent the card sorry... however, it WILL be put in the mail today I PROMISE, except Bub I am just going to mail it to you? Mom said to do that. Hope that's alright. If you could download them and then send it back asap so I get it before I leave that'd be great :) haha.
 
Hmmm other highlights... I can't really think of anything grand and fantastic :/ We're just all excited and getting ready to leave the MTC out into our real mission! I'm excited to meet my Mission President and whoever my trainer will be!
 
And as for mail, since this is my last week here, after this if I send you letters it's going to take forever to get back to Los Estados Unidos (USA)... So I apologize. Depending on the rules of my mission and who you are it will just be email from here on out... or be patient for my letter to get to you. and also pray that it does eventually even make it to you hahaha. We'll see how it all goes!
And on the flip side... If you've ever had a desire to send me something, or thought that sometime in the next 2 years you wanted to send me something, probably now is the time to do it haha. because it's still reliable to get here. But maybe I'm just being dramatic? I have no idea how the mail will work out in Chile haha.
 
But that's my story! One more week!! And then it's the real deal! I'm out to teach people about this gospel and how real and true it is! Because I know that it's absolutely true. Anddd I love it. It all makes sense and it's so helpful in life!! I can't wait to go share it with the people of Chile. It's gonna be rad. hahah.

Well... I love you all! And I miss you alot! Wish me luck with my last week in the US of A for the next 22 months! This is crazy. Seriously.
 
Love you!
- Elder Heyman

1 comment:

  1. Elder Heyman's going to be great! the Lythgoe's send hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete