Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012-- Only 2 Weeks left in the MTC


Ahhhh!!! In 2 weeks from this moment I should be leaving to go to Chile... Oh snap. This is crazy. Time has FLOWN by. I don't even know spanish!! haha I can't believe it.
 
But thank you for everybody's support and such! :) I love hearing from everyone and getting mail/packages/everything because they are huge motivators and they make my day! So thank you!
Thank you mom and dad for the donuts! They didn't even last the night :) haha. and thank you jen for your package as well, and Bub, YES I have gotten your packages and such, thank you! And no, I hadn't gotten your dearelders! haha yeah for now everyone has to send dearelders to the MTC PROVO mission! And Bub I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!! I'm so excited and have told everyone you're coming!! haha
 
Soooo some news from the week...

So I'm still Zone Music Coordinator... But now I've asked to be the District Leader for my district as well! haha So now I have two assignments (not calling because my calling is to be a missionary) And the only reason I'm still Music Coordinator is because they haven't chosen/found anyone else to take my spot. I'm the only one that actually speaks up about my ability to play the piano, because I KNOW there are others in the zone that can do the job, but no one speaks up so the branch presidency thinks there isn't anyone that plays music at all... haha. But so yeah! I'm district leader for the remainder of our time here! Which basically means... I get to go get our mail. hahaha. Of course there's other things like making assignments and checking up on everyone and such, but the big thing that district leaders do is go get the mail. Because everyone is DYING to get mail and see what they got and from who, so the District Leaders are always constantly bugged about "when are you gonna get the mail?! Did you get it yet?! Did I get anything?! Who wrote me?!" hahaha. So that will be fun.
 
Oh sidenote to the MANN FAMILY while I remember, just ran into Macgyver on my way over here to type this, and he wants me to alert you that his P-day is on Wednesday, so don't expect an email or letter until wednesday! But he loves you and misses you, and he requests more mail and packages of love. hahaha. That is all.
 
Speaking of "The Menn" (haha) My plan totally worked to go and greet MacGyver this week! it was awesome. We were going crazy and so happy and excited that it all worked out! I loved seeing Brother and Sister Mann and MacGyver and everything was just awesome. We were really happy. So I met him at the curb and took his bags while he went and got his stuff, then I showed him around the MTC and took him to class and was informing him on everything... It was funny to finally see MacGyver looking like a deer in the headlights instead of me ;) hahaha. But he's been doing really really well! I won't spoil too much of his story and I'll let you wait til wednesday to hear his story, but he's doing really really well. And it was awesome. And we're both really excited.
 
I can't really think of any other great stories... But one other thing I've been really excited about while I've been here is what we call our "Google Scriptures"... I think I explained them before, but it's just this awesome way to mark all your scriptures and everything... and seriously its awesome. Our whole district is doing it, and I've done alot with it and it's the coolest thing ever. So I'm legitimately excited about that haha. Except the guy that invented the whole thing is Hermano Grua, and I told him I was starting my Google Scriptures and he said "ahhh you mean your GRUA scriptures?" So then we just combined the name and they are now called our Grugle scriptures... haha. Just in case you were wondering?
 
The language continues to come well! I've just been refining my ability to use it and put words and sentences together and have been building my vocab as much as I can! Because at this point we've learned all of the grammar points... So now for the last two weeks its just review review review and practice practice practice!! I can't believe I'll be heading to Chile in two weeks... Did I mention that?
 
We should be getting our travel plans this week sometime too? Which will make it seems even more real and hit me in the face REALLY hard haha. Its crazy. I just cant believe it. Whoaaaaa. estoy nervioso pero estoy muy animado tambien! No se como hare... solamente tiempo puede sabe! (made that up... hope thats right haha)
 
pero en realidad... me encanta esta iglesia. se que es verdadera con toda mi corazon. estoy muy muy animado para ir a chile. espero que le gente sean amable... y amigable... jajaja se que el libro de mormon es la palabra de dios, y jose smith fue un profeta y el tradujo el libro de mormon mediante el poder y la voluntad de dios. Estoy animado para hablar espanol y para continuar aprediendo sobre el evangelio. se que dios es nuestro padre celestial, jesucristo es nuestro salvador, y jose smith vio a los dos en la arboleda, y las bendiciones que ha venido porque la primera vision son verdadera y me ha ayudado con este mision. Me encanta este mision, y les quiero a todos ustedes. I miss you all and love you all! I'm so excited! but so nervous! ah!!
 
Continue to send me mail please :) especially while its my last two weeks in the US and its reliable to get here hahaha. I love you all and miss you!!
 
- Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment