Saturday, November 24, 2012

Make Sure this Letter Gets Read by Mary Ashley haha Nov. 5, 2012

Hola hola! ¿Como estan?? So today is a super busy day and we have a huge week ahead of us and stuff (last week of the cambio!) so i dont have a lot of time and am just going to get right into it!

Monday: So there was one thing I wanted to note from Monday cuz it was a "this only happened because Im in Chile" thing! So long story short, when Elder Sutterfield and I were riding back to Longavì from Los cristales, we were on this sidewalk type thing that has room for two people only! Basically its a small space. So anyway, I was looking down while we were riding for one reason or another, and was riding kind of right next to Elder Sutterfield, and when I looked up, I was coming fast at this drunk guy walking towards us, and was going to crash into him... haha. So i was like "Oh shoot! Disculpe! (exuse me)" and swerved out of the way BARELY in time to not hit the guy. But this guy was DRUNK. Could barely walk. And as I rode by he yelled "Hola Joven!!!" at me, and just PUNCHED me. hahahah. He seriously punched me so hard. He punched me in the shoulder/bicep area which made me swerve on my bike and like almost lose control hahaha. It hurt!!! He hit me hard! hahahaha. Anyway. That happened. And i was just laughing the whole way home cuz it was so random and that would NEVER happen ever in my life if I was doing anything else with my life. hahaha.

Tuesday: Nothing super grand I can think of... haha

Wednesday: So HERES why the subject of this email is how it is: Wednesday we had a mini-cambio and I was in Linares again working with Elder Abbott (from Utah) at one point we were doing contacts, and he must of had some random revelation cuz he suddenly turned down this random street and went alllll the way to the last house on the street and got in to share with them haha. The only one we visited hahah. Anyway, so we got into the house to share a super quick message with one man while he was feeding his newborn son milk before they had to leave somewhere (excuse the runon sentence) But so by the time we were done and ready to leave, his wife and his mom had also come into the room to listen. So when we were done his mom asked "Where are you two from?" and Elder Abbott said "The united states!" and she automatically assumed "oh Utah??" haha. so i laughed and said "well HE is from utah, but im from arizona!" and then the mom said "Arizona? Really! My son was just there!" and then he said "yeah i went to tuscon!" so I was shocked. Because there are few people that get to leave the country here. and weird he would go to TUSCON (sp?) of all places. So i said "No way? Really? Why did you go there??" so he then proceeded to tell us how he LOVES american football and one reason or other had a chance to go to az to watch an arizona cardinals game there and how he likes to watch the cardinals! So I was just dying at this point. and so i said "ha thats crazyyy! But so you like the cardinals huh? Well would you recognize the head coach`s name then? Coach Whisenhunt?" and he said "yeah! Coach Wee-soon-hoont" (pronounced in spanish hahah), and then I told him how the Whisenhunts live right across the street from us, and I am good friends with his daughter! hahahaha. What a small world huh? I just couldnt believe it. I was dying. But the guys eyes just got really big and he said wowww. really?! No way!! Thats so cool! hahahhaa. So Mary Ashley, just letting you guys know you have fans here in Chile too! hahaha. I was just dying after that visit though. Couldnt believe that. Must've happened for a reason, right? :D

Thursday: So we had planned for this weekend two baptisms... Libeny and her son Michael. And they had there interviews earlier and the week and were ready to go! So we were excited. But Thursday we went to her house to visit them, but SUPER long story short, during our visit we found out that same night after her interview she went to her families house and was drinking tea and stuff.... and so basically we discovered she WASNT ready for baptism... haha. Didnt quite understand the covenant she was going to be making :( So we were really frustrated after that visit. But we have planned for THIS week their baptisms and are very confident it will go down! haha. 

Friday: Nothing of greatness...

Saturday:Saturday was just a REALLY frustrating day. We had like 0 success and i was getting frustrated and blah blah blah. I dont know why but by the end of this week I was just running low on patience haha... :/ oops. anyway, it was just a frustrating day, but I survived. I guess I'm just ready to really start progressing in the work now that I have the language PRETTY good.... Still a LONG way to go, but Im lightyears from where I started haha. I can understand most things now, and still can communicate pretty well. So im close!... but still so far from knowing the language haha. I should definitely be good within the next 2 or 3 months though!

Sunday: So Sunday was fast Sunday. and I wrote down just something funny I observed in my agenda. So were in a small branch. Most people are new converts here, so dont really have all the experience yet in the church haha... So anyway. Fast Sunday. So in between sunday school classes and such, they told everyone they have 5 minutes to go use the bathroom or whatever and then come back for the next class... So after that 5 minute break announcment, nearly the whole building LEFT the church, went down to one of the corner stores, and bought some snacks because they were hungry since they hadnt eaten from breakfast, and then came back for class. I just started laughing when I looked back 10 minutes after the announcement and saw the rama coming back in with their grocery bags and snacks... haha. With time, we shall teach them..... hahaha. 

Monday!!: And lastly, we had a zone activity today that was super fun. We went to some resort next to the Andes because one of the members in the other sector (linares) works there and he gave us a tour and we did some hiking kind of stuff haha. I have pictures. I shall show them.

Okay! Well thats all. I dont have much time, so Im gonna go now. Im loving the work and having a lot of fun. Next week might be a super short email week because we have cambios and Elder Sutt might get changed, and if he does then we'll spend the whole day for him to say bye to people haha. FYI. BUT! I love you all and miss you so much! Im working hard to make you all proud! Im learning lots and picking up the language well and everything. Its starting to get hot! Summer is coming! Weird haha. But alllllright. I gotta go now. Love you all and miss you! The church is true! I hope you all realize that. 

Chau!!
- Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment