Monday, October 29, 2012

I am Blessed with THE BEST Family and Friends in this World!!

I seriously have the best family and friends ever. I could totally see how pdays could be super distracting for some missionaries with getting emails and everything from friends and family, but I get on here and read my emails from friends and family and just get pumped and more motivated to go be a dang awesome missionary! hahaha. Seriously. I love you all so much and look up to all of your examples and am so thankful for the emails I get from you and the support and love and everything! 

My family is bomb. Theyre so cool. I have an awesome family. haha. Wow. I love you all and miss you all! Youre such awesome examples to me in everything you do and everything everybody is doing especially now in this time! Its amazing. Youre all awesome. Iiiiii love my family. I miss you all. And especially my nieces and nephews too. Tell them all I say hi and i love them and miss them. And teach them to say unkie! haha.

Im also sooo blessed to have so many friends out on missions right now as well. Living their lives the right way, and in this time dedicating THEIR time to the Lord and helping others and learning so much too. Because IIIII am having an awesome bomb amazing time on my mission, and I know how my friends are, I know THEY are having an awesome time as well and learning and mejorandose? I cant remember the best way to say that in english anymore haha. Improving? progressing? Bettering themselves? haha something like that. anyway. theyre improving in life and learning so much too. Its going to be awesome when we all get back together after the mission. Ahhhh itll be so awesome. But yeah. So shout out to macgyver, lythgoe, stoker, max lax ash, harrison, brady, joey... the whole bunch. AND now Morgan and Mary and apparently all of you girls now going on missions! hahaha. Youre all awesome. Do work out there! 

OKAY. Now that I got that out of my system. Here's what my week was like really quick. Another not superdy duperdy exciting week. BUT! Here we go.

Monday: ...Nothing super exciting I can think of. haha.

Tuesday: Was a really awesome day of work! Basically we found 8 new people to teach that day. 8 nuevos! thats alot p.s. haha. So yeah. That was cool. We were happy about that.

Wednesday: In the morning we did a service project again a la casa del Presidente Carcamo! I took pictures this time! I will send them. We did ALOT of work that day. And I woke up thursday REALLY sore hahaha. We worked a ton with cement again, and shoveling a ton of rocks and dirt and what not. It was fun! Still learning alot about construction haha. Its tough work. And they really dont have good resources here, so the methods that they do somethings are just AMAZING. Im like "Wow. I never would have though of that. We just have a big giant machine that does that for us in the US. Or a tool that does that." hahah. Its pretty amazing what they do out here. They live roughhh lives :/ YOURE ALL BLESSED! Be grateful. haha. Im learning alot out here ;)

Thursday: Cant think of anything grand that happened... 

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on friday... Sidenote. It smells terribly of fish and fish food right now in this computer place and i might go throw up. This is disgusting.

FRIDAY: So this story is more kind of for me for when i go back and read these after the mission haha. So it might not make complete sense or be that great sorry. So thursday morning we had a surprise visit from our zone leaders at our house during our study hours. They basically just came to do some verification stuff and see how were all doing and working with some goals we set as a zone. But so when they left they were telling us how our zone needs to use the members better and work better with the members. So they left us with a goal of 8 lessons with members between thursday and sunday. Which is SO HARD for us. like the last three weeks weve had at most 5 lessons with members during the week. We have very few members here in Longavì, and very few willing or ready to work with us... haha But so I just thought, okay if its coming from the zone leaders, its possible, lets do it. Its dang hard, but lets do it. So anyway. My experience from friday is that in the morning i had kind of planned out how we could reach this goal by the end of the week. which included visiting a member that day to check up on some things with her, and then having her introduce us to her neighbor whose son we had talked to the other day. So we went to visit her, and it just so happened that the member (Yissela) was over in the yard of the lady we wanted her to introduce us to, working on something. So I thought perfect! this will work. We can have a lesson with her and start reaching our goal! So long story short, it turned out there was no attempt to meet with these people and teach them like we planned, so we ended up leaving without entering anyones house or giving any lesson or anything... So we left. and i was in silence... just thinking in my head, "well how are we ever gonna reach this goal if we dont even try..." and basically the fact that we didnt try anything to meet with this lady was stuck in my head. And finally the thought came in my head "if i dont say anything and we dont try to actually reach this goal, its going to be my fault we failed the zone leaders". At this point we were on the other side of longaví to meet someone (who ended up not being home) and elder sutterfield said "lets start contacting these houses". And i said "lets go back to yissela and go meet with that lady. We need lessons with members. We didnt do anything to try and meet with her" and he explained to me how he had tried something of trying to enter the house with them and how now it would be awkward to leave then go back... but I just looked at him and said "that was kind of weak. lets go back. we need lessons with members." so he thought for a second... and said "okay. yeah lets go back." so we went allll the way back. and now the neighbor was in the yard of yissela working on her project, so i thought wow even more perfect! So we approached them and said hey our appointment fell with those people, is yissela here?" so yissela came and i asked if we could share something with her, she said yes. Then i asked "do they want to join us?" and she said "uhh... you can share with me but not them... they do NOT like the missionaries and dont want anything to do with them." so i thought "shoot. dang it. now this will be hard to get them in cuz they dont like us..." and my faith got a little weaker... but so yissela went inside and i approached them anways to ask if they wanted to join us. So i asked hesitantly "hey were going to share a little message just really quick with yissela... do you want to join us?" ..... and the lady said "uh... yeah! yeah no problem! Ill come!" hahaha. So I turned to elder sutterfield with my "well im shocked that was so easy" face. and we went in and taught her and got our lesson with member there! hahaha. but anyway my point of that story is that i am so grateful the lord blessed us in that moment for our faith. He softened the heart of that lady so that she would accept to listen to us and so we could accomplish our goals. And even though we only ended up with 6 lessons with members and didnt make the 8... the point is, in 3 days we had more lessons with members than we had had in the past 3 or 4 weeks! So it just showed us we know we can work with the members and we can work harder. We just gotta do it. haha. and thats my story.

Also on friday, I GOT MY PACKAGE FROM MOM AND DAD!!!! woo hoooo! We had a surprise visit from President and Sister Humphrey who hand delivered the package! wooooo hoooo im so pumped! Except its killing me i cant open those christmas presents until christmas.... haha. But i shall wait. THANK YOU SO MUCH! But so it was awesome and fun to see President and his wife, and good to talk to them. President gave me a big hug from you dad! thank you!!! haha. 
Also on friday, we had an activity in the rama. But it wasnt very great because not a ton of people showed up until way late. And all the electricty in Longaví was out for some reason for a few hours or something haha. 

Saturday: Sat was fun. We played a bunch of futbol. We played it in the morning at the church to try and fellowship with some less actives and nonmembers haha. But then in the afternoon we had made a deal with a bunch of 10 yr olds we would play with them in this backyard so then their mom would let us in her house to teach her hahaha. Long story. But pictures to follow. 

Sunday: I gave my talk! It went well I think. People understood me. I was kind of nervous about it though, not because of the language, but because I was kind of bold with it. Theres been a streak of missionaries here in Longaví somewhat recently that have been somewhat disobedient and a little too friendly with the people... So the image of missionaries was kind of skewed and people had the wrong idea, plus since its a little branch, so many people are new converts and just dont know about the missionaries. So i got up and explained some rules that we have as missionaries and why we have them. And people ALWAYS tell us stories about how "Elders so-and-so, when they were here ALWAYS did this!"... so in my talk i said "it doesnt matter what the missionaries that were here before us did. These are the rules and have been the rules. The missionaries here want to be obedient." and then went on to bear testimony about how i know it will bring us success and change in the area, and shared a scripture about obedience and the blessings of it as well.... haha. I hope it was received well. I think it was. We've already seen changes in the 2 or 3 houses we visited last night haha...

And yeah! that was my week! haha. The elections here are FINALLY over. Mario Briones won. It was funny cuz they voted yesterday, and at like 7 at night people were celebrating going crazy that theyre candidate won, and i said to elder sutt, "they already know who won???" And he said "well yeah... they only have to count like 400 votes. Theres like no one in longavi" hahaha. Kind of funny. Now i hope the town will calm down a little bit and more people will attend church since theyre not doing campaign stuff haha. But idk. Idk what else haha. im loving it here! the work is fun and elder sutt and i are doing well! we're improving alot and were excited for it. Libeny and Michael (her son) are getting baptized this week! woo hoooo! idk if ill do it. maybe. If i did that would be cool though haha. But so yeah. Ill let you know next week! but yeah! i think thats all! Im running out of time and still have to write others haha. So im gonna do that! love you and miss you all! Chauuu!

- Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment