Monday, October 14, 2013

Hey there! October 14, 2013

Im living in a country in a different continent, speaking a different language, where dogs freely roam the streets and do whatever they want, doorbells are rare, people owning their own personal car is rare, and taking jampacked buses is the normal way of transportation. People buy food and supplies for the day instead of for the week, and they buy from the corner store, which is legitimately on the corner. And theres one on EVERY corner. If you want the internet, youve got to go to the nearest cyber because not many people own their own computer (with internet) and internet on phones isnt too common or great either. Is that a house? Oh wait no, its just another church. Along with the house/church 4 doors down. Who has more minutes left on their phone? You? Okay you call me or else the phonecall will probably cut out after 30 seconds... Sometimes I just never get over what life is like right now haha. I love it. Viva Chile.

Hey friends and fam! How is everyone? Im doing great. I didnt have a super exciting week, so i dont have too many updates. Haha it was a good week, theres just not anything great or grand that happened. So i dont have any good stories or anything..... But here are a few things from the week!

On Friday I did a mini cambio with one of the sectors in my district... and it led me to a couple conclusions. One is that my district needs lots of help... haha. So that will be a new challenge for me. We`ll see how that goes.
Another was that it was cool to be able to do a mini cambio and actually see with my own eyes that the inspiration and ideas that ive had for district classes and to teach to my district, really are the things that my district needed and needed to hear. So it was cool to gain a testimony about that. that the lord is guiding me and helping me, and that i get to be an instrument in His hands! Made me feel alot better about that. Because sometimes its hard to think about what my district needs and what I can do/teach to help them. And sometimes I honestly just feel like im guessing haha. But its good to see that the Lord really is guiding me with His spirit! yayyyy!
But lastly it led me to the conclusion that... I need to help my district put into practice what im teaching them............. ahhhh. haha. 
So it was a really good experience and a learning experience for everyone. I enjoyed it and learned alot And i hope the other elder learned alot as well haha. 

The other thing to note from the week was that also on saturday we did divisions! Thats the first time ive really done divisions during my missions (as in split up between members instead of just splitting up with other missionaries). And it went really well and was effective! haha. I went with a member who is older and a really good friend of the missionaries. It was alot of fun. and Elder Gonzalez went with a recently ordained elder from the ward. so that was a good experience and helped the work a little more in our sector. I liked it and hope to keep doing it. Its alot more effective to have 4 missionaries in the sector instead of just 2! :D

and thats about it from the week haha... We`ve been having a rough struggle with some of our investigators. Nobody came to church on sunday :`( so that was rough. But theres still hope with them and we`ve got the faith for them to keep on progressing. So its not over yet! But we would appreciate all the prayers possible :D

Question: Is my english understandable when I write? Obviously its understandable, but do i mess up a bunch or sometimes say weird things? Some days I have good english days, and some days i have bad english days where i just cannot talk at all. Y es igual con español. Algunos buenos días, y algunos malos. Sometimes its weird speaking 2 languages. haha.

Anyway. Thats the update for the week! I love you and miss you all alot! Youre all the best ever. Have an awesome week. Im doing what the Lord wants me to be doing right now and im receiving SO many blesses for it. Learning and growing LOTS! haha. The priesthood is restored! hasta la proxima!

CHAUUUU!

Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment