Sunday, November 17, 2013

Greetings from Talcahuano Sur!!! October 21, 2013

Hello people. Well. What a week. I continue my mission with the firm belief that I have one of the craziest,weirdest missions ever. But maybe everybody thinks that. I dont know. Anyways. Let me explain a little bit...

So we werent supposed to have our next cambios until the 4th of octubre. So, this past saturday at about 930/10 in the morning, all four of us missionaries in Tierra Bella were in the car of a member going to their house to do a service project and help out in their big old garden that they have. As we were conversing casually on the ride there, my phone starting ringing. As I reached into my pocket and pulled out the phone, I read the name and saw that President Arrington was calling. Well THAT was a surprise. I said "ooooh man..." and a bajillion thoughts ran through my head. I was sitting next to Elder Scott in the car, and he also saw the name, and put on his "im in shock" face. It became an even bigger face of shock as he saw me just shove the phone back into my pocket. He said "You`re not going to answer it?!" and i said "No way! Were jammed in a car. Id like to seperate myself to take the call." hahahaha. 

So anyway 2 or 3 minutes later we arrived at our destination, I got out of the car, seperated myself a little from the rest of them, and returned President Arrington`s call. When he answered he said "Elder Heyman! How are you? Do you have a moment?" I responded yes, and he said "Good. Elder Heyman... I was calling to see if you would accept a new assignment as Zone Lider in Talcahuano Sur."

......Well THAT was a surprise. hahaha. So obviously I said yes, he gave me words of encouragement and thanked me, I thanked him, and he said "Well I need that the cambio takes place tomorrow after church... So i was calling to let you know so you can get you bags ready and then have some time to say bye to anyone if you need."

and, skipping lots of details... I arrived in Talcahuano yesterday at 430ish... and here i am as zone lider in talcahuano sur! The most southern part of the mission! out of nowhere! 2 weeks before the real cambios! I feel like i have the craziest mission ever! haha.

So that was a big old surprise. It was very exciting... and came very fast. But im extremely excited and pumped for the new assignment, and the new challenges that will be coming my way! its going to be awesome. And i have a feeling ill be learning ALOTTTT more about life haha... 

So thats the biggest news from the week! Surprise emergency cambio! And here i am in talcahuano sur as zone lider. My companion is Elder Holt from Holliday, Utah. Hes awesome. We get along really well. Hes a way good missionary and we have a lot in common! haha. And its crazy because as i was thinking about it all, hes my first companion in 5 cambios that has more than 2 cambios (3 months) in the mission. Ive basically been training the past 5 cambios. Elder Adamson, ElderPanduro, and Elder Gonzalez. So this is all going to be a huge change. But im really excited for it!

But so thats the big news. The rest of the week was pretty tranquilo. But ill continue telling you a little bit about my experience in saturday and sunday because it was a crazy day.

...So we did our service on saturday, went back to the house, got showered and changed, and i starting packing al tiro (I HATE packing for cambios. I hate it i hate it i hate it. haha) We then went to lunch, and we came back to the house and I had to continue packing... BUT i wasnt able to finish it all that day, because I was still district leader and had to complete with those responsibilities! haha. So at 630 I then had to leave to go to the sector of Chiguayante A to do an Interview with one of their investigators. So then I went there and did that. BUT i also have the hermanas in my district, who have alot of health problems and are very often sick... so anyway that morning they had called me as well feeling VERY bad physically, emotionally, and espiritually. So I told them to call the mission nurse and let me know what she says. So after I did the interview, I then had to go to a pharmacy to buy them meds, go to their sector in Hualqui to meet them in a members house, give them their meds, and give them priesthood blessings! haha. It was loco. I then returned to my house to finish packing and went to bed. Saturday was SUCH a crazy day for me! 

Then on sunday, I officially completed my packing, went to church, gave my testimony de despedida in the ward, said bye to everyone (i wasnt able to visit anyone on saturday to say bye! haha :( and then went to lunch, went back to our house, grabbed all my stuff, and went on over to our mission office to meet up with my new companion, and went to Talcahuano. IT ALL HAPPENED SO FAST. haha. It was crazy. 

But I love it all! I love every minute of the mission just because its so easy to see all the things im learning and notice the progress that im making in life. I love it! The lord is blessing me so much, and im so grateful for the trust the Lord has in me. Because I am more than 100% sure im not capable of being zone leader haha... BUT. With the spirit and the help of the Lord i am more than 100% sure Ill do a good job and the Lord`s work will continue on in the way that He wants. entonces tengo que aprovechar de eso y ser guiado por el espiritu! Asì es la idea!

I love you all very much and miss you lots! I know without a doubt the Lord is with us in every footstep, guiding us and helping us! I love the companionship of the Holy Ghost in my life, and I love being a missionary. Have an awesome week! 

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment