Monday, February 24, 2014

Wow what a week! 02/24/14


Well its official! Im 21. I feel older than ever, but i had a great, fantastic birthday! We took a ton of pictures this week... so ill try to keep the writing short and the pictures many, because im just not gonna have enough time for everything!! So this email will probably just be scrambled and really unsmooth and out of order and everything... oh well. Follow along if you can.

So one thing about being here in chile is that everyone yells stuff in english all the time. But everybody only know the same one or two lines they learned from school... I usually love playing along with it... but anyways this week some kid yelled "Hello, please!" at us... and he just sounded so stupid saying it haha.  So Elder Paulson and I just died laughing, and i yelled back at the kid (also in english) "Are you kidding? Hello please? That makes NO sense." and then we just kept walking. hahaha. its ridiculous. Its probably one of those things you just have to live day after day to really understand it haha.But we get it all the time.

alright theres just so many things going through my head i cant even get it straight. haha. Im just gonna tell you about my birthday and then send pictures haha sorry. Theres just so much that went on this week.

So anyway. I woke up Saturday morning and just thought "oh my gosh im 21" haha. I feel the oldest ive ever felt. ALOT has changed this past year. I dont think ive ever had so much change in one year of my life... and this year was just a huge change, so im feeling pretty old now that im 21 haha. Yes, i know that im still way young, but its just crazy. 

So it was just a pretty normal day but i passed it well. In the morning i just officially opened up my package from mom and dad that i had received the day before! We had a special visit to our house from President and Hermana Arrington!!! Luckily we live pretty close to Conce so they didnt have to go TOO far... but still it was WAYYY nice of them! So they came friday morning and dropped off mom and dads package to me!!! Woo hoooo!!! I have pictures of that too. haha. Anyway so saturday i opened up the package and it was just great. So many baked goods from mom! It was fantastic!! Thank you so so much mom for taking the time to bake so many good treats for me!! you outdid yourself! ¡Se pasò! So Elder Paulson and I were able to start enjoying some of those al tiro. Thank you so so much!!! And im way pumped about the socks, shirt, and watch! Its an awesome watch!! haha. Anyway. So i opened that up.

We then had an awesome lunch (Just by luck) and I enjoyed a meal tipico chileno called Pollo a lo pobre. And it was this way good chicken with eggs and onions and fries. haha. its way good. Anyways so i had a way good lunch. I then was able to play piano for a relief society activity they had for the ward. So that made me happy that i was able to share my piano abilities on my birthday and play the piano :) That made me really happy. But then after that it was just a normal day... we just went to work and visited and what not... haha. 
and then at night right before we went into the house Elder Paulson wanted to do a little something for me so we stopped by a negocio and he bought me this thing called a "mini torta" which is just like a mini cake... i cant think of something similar in america that we have.... anyways. So he bought that and a candle because i told him not to get me a real cake because i didnt want it haha. and we went back to the house and sang me happy birthday and passed it tranquilo... and then we went to bed! haha. so i have lots of pictures..

But then the next night.... Elder Paulson and I took advantage of moms "birthday cake kit" that she sent! and THAT was fun!!!! hahaha. Ill send pictures of that as well. 

But all in all... it was a good birthday! it was super tranquilo and everything and thats exactly how i wanted it. So i had a great birthday!

Sunday was a cool day too because randomly that day our bishopbric just went into crazy "obra misional" mode and were getting way involved with our investigators we brought to church. And it was awesome haha. They treated our investigators so good. And the menos activa that we had found came to church that sunday! And she was able to have an interview with the bishop that same day! So that was SO awesome!! 

and then today we had consejo! So thats why im emailing a bit later haha. We had an awesome consejo. It was alot of fun. and we learned alot and felt the spirit alot. 

But so im healthy, happy, and older than ever! haha. But it was an awesome week with lots of crazy stuff that i wish i had time to tell you everything. But youll just have to ask about it after the mission! haha. But ill just leave it at that and send pictures. 

Thank you so so so so much to everyone for the birthday wishes and emails and everything! I feel extremely loved and missed so thank you very very much! Just know im happy and healthy!! and im loving the mission and all that im doing! Have an awesome week and know i love and miss you all! Thanks for everything! Se que la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias es la iglesia verdadera de Cristo, y que el evangelio ha sido restaurado. Les quiero y extraño mucho! Hasta la proxima.

Elder Heyman

1. So on tuesday during our time of district class, the hermanas had made a cake and brought it for my birthday! It was shared amongst all the zone. It was some like chilean type cake. Idk it was way good haha. And they put 30 on there as a joke. They got me! I was like "Why in the world did you put 30?! Im 21!!!!" haha. They got me. 


2. The hermanas that did the cake! Hna Corbett and Nájera!

3.  Some whack glasses some investigators had in their tiny tiny house for their 3d capable TV.... haha. Oh chile....

4. The hermana menos activa that we found had this picture saved of the Elder that baptized her mom yeaaaaaaaars ago!!! hahahaha. It was so funny. Anyone know him?? I think they said he was from utah hahaha.
5. On thursday morning we had a service activity that we had to clean the wood out of a shed and 
then axe it up in preparation for winter. It was fun cutting wood with an axe haha. 
1. More service fotos. 
2. Me and Elder Paulson juntos.


3. and then another day we found that a recent convert had this barney doll thing in her house hahaha. We thought it was way funny. So we took pictures of it. It was even funnier because it was la Hermana Matilde, the 73 yr old woman ive talked about before.

4. this was me enjoying a sweet bowl of some way delicious zucaritas de sabor fruitilla on the morning of my birthday. Thanks mom and dad! For real it was the best cereal ive had since ive been on my mission haha. 


5. Starting to open some presents!

1. my awesome shirt!!!
2. SOCKS!!!!!! with my awesome wool REI socks because its starting to be cold again at night and in the morning haha.

3. the way cool watch! its confusing to work but its cool haha. 

4. This was the torta and candle that elder paulson got me :D


5. Not to put it to shame or anything....... but then heres the one mom and dad sent me.... SO COOL AND SO FUN. hahahaha

1. this is just kind of a fun picture. We tried to get a picture of the both of us and the candle but we failed. It finished before we got it.

2. me trying to be cool and show im 21 now. 


3. Thanks mom and dad for the 21 sauce ;) haha.


4. Mom and Dad. This guy is from the mision Conce Sur and says his brother is in your mission! Elder Sotelo! Para que sepan. 



1. I shop called I like Sushi. In english. And i dont even like sushi haha. 

2. Special delivery from Presidente y Hermana! Thank you so much mom and dad! and president and hermana Arrington! :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment