Monday, July 30, 2012

Sixth Letter! July 30 "I'm an Idiot"


So. Just to start straight off, I'm an idiot. hahaha.
 
Earlier this week I got out of the shower, and had just shaved my face. My sideburns weren't lined up to straight, so I grabbed my eletric razor to use the trimmer thing and line them up. I did that, then decided I wanted to trim up the width of the sideburns as well... It's too complicated to describe and explain through email, but with the trimmer I tried to get just a couple hairs.... and shaved off half of my eyebrow. hahahahahaha. I was SO mad. I threw down my razor and said "Are you kidding me?!" and then just walked away. I was so mad hahaha. So I have about 1 and 3/4 of an eyebrow right now (It's grown back). and ALSO luckily, it somehow wasn't noticable at all unless I pointed it out and showed people. Which I of course did because it's a really funny story. But so... I won't be trying that again. I think its really funny though haha.
 
Well this week has been a good one as well! I've learned ALOT this week and had some fun!
 
We had some good devotionals this week. I couldn't even tell you who the speaker was, but I remember the good parts! haha.
 
My companion and I have really improved in working and teaching together. We're doing really well and it's fun to see it all come together.
 
This sunday I played a musical number in our sacrament meeting! So the older districts that are leaving this week sang, and I accompanied them. They asked me to play for them, but when they did they told me "We were arguing over which song to do, Come Thou Fount or How Great Thou Art... But we couldn't decide. They're in different keys, but could you improvise a thing in the middle and make them blend together so then we can just sing both and make everyone happy?" hahaha So that's what I did! It was awesome! I used some extra study times during the week to go to a piano with my companion and practice the songs/make something up to make the songs work. It was alot of fun and turned out really well! I looooove playing piano haha.
 
I can't remember if I explained this already, but when we have districts leaving, that sunday night we do what we call the "Hasta Ver". Which is we all get into one of the classrooms and sing "God be with you til we meet again" together (except in spanish (Hasta Ver)) and we do it this special way blah blah blah. But it's alot of fun. So we did that for them this week and I'm sad because after they leave we will be the "oldest" district in the zone (which will be fun) But it will be weird not having them there because we were good friends with them all since they were our examples! haha.
 
MACGYVER MANN COMES IN THIS WEEK AND I AM SO PUMPED. I'll be sending you an email, Jen, to forward to him por favor. I did some research/ P.I. sluthing (sp?) and found out he wont be in my zone :( Although there was a really good chance he could've been since we always have missionaries going to Nicaragua. Dang. Oh well. But I'll be waiting for you MacGyver!!! I need to get some more info though so we can make it work...
 
We finally got to go to the temple again this morning! It's been closed the past couple of weeks for cleaning so it was awesome to be able to go back today!
 
aaaaand I can't really think of anything else right now.... Sorry for not sending the card, I'll send it after MacG comes and we get pictures, I promise!!
 
Oh and apparently Bub you're interpreting at our devotional Aug 7th????! I'll be seeing you for sure then! I will hunt you down! haha. It shouldn't be too hard getting seats close by! I'm really excited!!! Woo Hoo!!!
 
Uhmmmm well I can't think of anything else. Keep the emails, letters, dearelders, packages coming!! They're fantastic and make me really happy and excited! haha.
 
I love you all and know this church is absolutely true!! I'm loving the work and can't wait to get out into the field! (Which I leave the MTC August 20th p.s.)
 
Con muchisimo amor,
Elder Heyman
 
p.s. It makes me laugh when people send me spanish notes in their letters and it's either obvious or I can educatedly guess they used google translate to figure out how to say it hahaha. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment