Saturday, September 29, 2012

Whaaaaat a Week! Sept. 24

So I thought this letter was going to be pretty short and to the point since I was in our house from monday til saturday... but Saturday, Sunday, and monday were crazy enough to give me even more to talk about! haha. So here I go.

FIRST off, I HAVE A NEW NIECE!!!! WOO HOO!!!! Its so weird. I dont even get to meet her :( Butttttt im really really really super excited!! Thank you for all the pictures and fotos and updates via email i got!! Shes so cute and iiiii really want to meet her.... like right now. haha. but it will have to wait :( So anyway! Shout out and a welcome to the family Elle Nielsen!!! I miss you. Teach her to say Unkie!!! haha. During the week I thought a couple times, "oh yeah.... I might have a new niece right now.... but i wont even know until monday!!" haha. weird!

But okay. Now Ill tell you a little about my crazy week! So as I said last week, my companion  had pnuemonia, so we were confined to the house from Monday-Friday... Kind of. haha. Ill explain. But so FIRST thing... So I did emails and mail and such on monday, and despues the elders quorum president came to our house with instructions de la presidente de la rama to take elder sutt to the doctor to get another check up, and to take me as well and get me checked since i was coughing and sick... So we went. We had no choice. When our Presidente de rama tells us something, it happens. we do it. haha. SO we went.... and LONG story short, it turns out I had acute bronchitis or something? I have no idea. it was in spanish and i had the elders quorum president with me translating haha. but the POINT is, the asked me if i could get an injection to help because basically my throat was a bit inflamed and thats why i was coughing. SO i said "uh... si?" so then the nurse came in. And it turns out that they do like allllll of their shots in the butt. hahaha. Elder Sutt had gotten one the week before, but i thought it was just a pnuemonia thing. So i laughed and made fun of him and told him i wasnt going to be getting one. But it turns out I got my first shot in my butt Monday night. In Chile. And I had NO idea what was coming. hahahaha. It really hurt.
BUT! (no pun intended) im alot better now! I still have an occasional cough come out, but besides im healthy! haha. I couldnt believe what i got myself into... haha. 

Then tuesday, elder sutterfield was really upset because it was 18 de septiembre!!! The huge fiesta!!! (I will provide pictures!) but he had to stay in the house... and its his ONLY 18 de septiembre he gets to experience during his mission. but he had to spend it inside. so he was upset. But a member family called us and asked if we could join them!! So he called el presidente de la rama and got permission to go! (p.s. our pday got moved from monday to tuesday because of the fiesta. so this was technically our pday as well haha) So then he was really happy. So we went, ate a TON of food, played a few games, flew kites, played the guitar, and went to some competition of La Cueca that I explained last week. So we were gone for a few hours and it was alot of fun! haha. Also, I SWEAR its a crime and nobody is telling me to drink water here. I dont even ask cuz i get too nervous haha, but my companions will ask for water FOR me (so they dont have to drink my soda for me hahaha), and everybody freaks out and cant believe it and doesnt understand and will offer every substitute on the earth BESIDES water. Some people seem to even be offended. I dont get it. But eventually I end up with water. Or juice. haha whatever.

Besides that, and our expedition Monday.... We were in the house the whole week. haha. Soooo what did I do im sure youre wondering? Well remember how i said I was going to have a lot of study time? Well this week I read the Book of Mormon, Principles of the Gospel, and Preach My Gospel!

No. Seriously. I read them. All of them. Front to back. hahaha. (okay I still have 20 pages left in PMG!)

I was reading (slash studying slash learning) THE WHOLE WEEK. Now, I HAD started the Book of Mormon the Tuesday before... but still. I read the Book of Mormon in a week and a half. Thats CRAZYYY. I finished Friday at noon haha. I couldnt believe I did that. And like Ammon, Im not meaning to boast :P I was just amazed. I didnt even know I could do that. haha I felt so accomplished!! But seriously I would just wake up, read, eat, read, occasional guitar break (Elder Sutt has a guitar. Im learning guitar on the mission too, Dad!), read, read, read, sleep. haha. It was awesome! And for those of you that havent read the Book of Mormon, I highly recommend it. You should read it too ;) its a really good book. hahah. but anyways! Yeah. I read the Book of Mormon this week. And then after that read Principles of the Gospel, which is basically just a bunch of definitions to things, but still really good to know! and then I decided I needed to read PMG all the way through so I at least had SEEN all the material in it! And I still have 20 pages left and then I will have read through all of it. And its seriously been a HUGE testimony builder! now more than ever I know without a doubtttt that this church is true, joseph smith was a prophet, and the book of mormon is for sure the word of God. And Im also now motivated more than ever to get out there and tell people about this message! So for ME, the week in the house was an AWESOME opportunity to learn ALOT. I loved it and accomplished alot! (But Elder Sutterfield was dying and going crazy and wanted to leave ASAP hahaha) 

So yeah! That happened. and I loved it. But then on Saturday we were finally able to go to work again! But, saturday morning as I was doing personal study in our kitchen (because thats where our heater was at haha. Its still pretty cold in the mornings, but heats up during the day) I looked out the window and saw one of our old lady neighbors running across the street to the house to our right, yelling and flailing this broom around in the air. I was really confused, but within a few seconds saw that she was running after her dog who had run to fight the dog at the house to our right. But it turned out to be an intense fight haha. The two dogs were going AT it, and both old lady neighbors were going after them nailing the dogs with their brooms as hard as they could to get them to stop. So finally I thought "oh geez I should do something. Especially cuz that dog now has the other dogs neck in its mouth and is about to kill it" ha. So it turns out 3 of us elders all went to help at the same time haha. and we all run outside but before we got there the dogs finally broke it up. It was crazy. I hate dogs now. Any desire ive ever had to have a dog is now GONE. haha. But so yeah I finally went back to work and it felt good! And my spanish wasnt lost either after a week in the house :P I even gave my first lesson/spritual thought on my own too! haha. It was awesome. 

The only other story I have to share is another dog story. Sunday on our way to church (By bike) I got chased by two dogs. and dogs will usually chase us, but usually were fast enough and the dogs just trail off. But so sunday I was riding, these two dogs started to chase me, but I wasnt losing them. And they were going crazy and caught up to me and were right next to me. So i didnt know if they were gonna bite or what. But eventually one of them was just WAY to close and wouldnt leave and was coming at me so i kicked it in the face. hahaha. It still didnt work so i just had to stop the bike and get off and play Alpha Male Dog (or whatever its called). hahaha. Seriously i hate dogs. It sounds ridiculous and I feel ridiculous but its the worst. I never want a dog. Sorry future wife. hahaha.

Other exciting news! I might have MY first chance to do a baptism this week!! We have a family of 4 lined up for marriage and baptism this week! and Not for sure yet but we told them they get to decide who baptizes them and it sounded like they wanted me to do at least one of the baptisms! haha. So im really excited if that gets to happen!! the only thing is we have to make sure the wife doesntttt drink any coffee at all this week... so were nervous about that but praying hard haha. We even bought her last can of coffee off of her last night hahaha. Just to make sure :) 

The language is coming alot alot better! I can understand alot better! I need to start writing down words i hear but dont know again! So im going to be doing that. but its alot better. still frustating at times.... but better :) 

Welllll I cant think of really anything else?? Ive been in Chile for a month now!!! Dang that went by really fast. Also crazy haha. I loveeee the mission and the experiences im having and the chance i have to grow, learn, and share!!! The church is true. And its really really cool. haha. I love you and miss you all!! 

-Elder Heyman

p.s. Shout out to Jawad! Jen can you tell him to send me an email por favor? haha. Gracias. But okay! miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment