Monday, October 1, 2012

I Survived yet ANOTHER Crazy Week Oct. 1

Things just never seem to slow down do they?... haha

Well hola familia, amigos, y cualquier person que estan leyendo esta carta!! 

On that note, my spanish is definitely improving! haha. Basically im just getting more confident with using my spanish and such. I still continue to improve on understanding the people, and my confidence is improving, so Ive had some stressed relieved with the spanish barrier! I still have a lottttt to go though haha... But im loving the language. And its definitely been a blessing to have Elder Sutterfield as my companion so he can help me out. haha. 

Congrats to my Bro and sis in law Chris and Jenny tooooo!!!!!! Welcome to the fam Pierson!!! Tambien he looks sooooo cute and im sad i dont get to see him or meet him :( But congrats!!! Im so excited! We have so many new members of the family recently!!! haha. Im gonna have a lot of catching up to do when I get home. Teach him to say unkie!!!!!

Butttt basically I'll just go from Monday and move forward like usual!

Monday: We had a giant Noche de Hogar (Family home evening) as a Rama. Except not that giant. We had about... 10-12 people? Oh well the point is it was a ton of fun! haha we had some members, some investigators, and others there. We shared a spiritual message and after played some games and it turned out so fun one of the investigators asked if we could do it again next week! So we're having a Noche de hogar tonight for Elder Chirinos (Ill explain mas later)

Tuesday: Wasnt anything super special, but I DID have an awesome experience I wanted to share! Elder Sutterfield and I were biking to Los Cristales (which is pretty far) and that day it was SUPER hot haha. And i was just DYING for some water. So on the way there I was practicing in my head what i could say to the people we visit to ask for water, and I even thought "Maybe if i just ask for water before they offer anything, people wont get so offended!" haha because like i said. I swear its a crime to drink water here. People freak out. So anyway, we went to the house of that lady (Libeny) I told you about two weeks ago! She was the lady that it was a milagrito we visited her because she was renting out the trajes de huasos! So anyways we got in the house and before we started anything, and even before I could say anything, Elder Sutterfield asked "Sorry... but could we have a glass of water?... Just water! Its really hot outside and were dying after riding the bikes". Looks like Elder Sutt was thinking the same thing as me! haha. But so he asked before I could even say anything, but LIbeny gave us this weirddd death stare as she got up to go get us water... So i thought "Oh great it looks like shes super offended anyways... Oh well". So she got us our water and it was amazing (haha) but then we thought nothing else of it. Welllll the point of all that is that after about 10 minutes into the lesson, Libeny explained to us that after reading ALL the material we had left her (which is a miracle in itself ahhaha) she even PRAYED on her own about the material. Turns out she really like what we had to share and wanted to know if it was true or not. So she specifically asked in her prayer that she wanted a sign to know if we were really called and sent of God. So she said in her prayer that she was not going to offer us anything to drink, but that if we asked for a glass of water, she would know the truth!!! So cool!! And you have to remember how rare it is for ANYONE to drink water here. Even in 100 degrees they would only drink bebida or jugo hahah. But so Elder Sutt and I were in shock haha. We had no idea! But it was just so awesome to see how the Lord had prepped us to be an answer to Libenys prayer, and how we BOTH had the same thoughts to ask for water. Cuz we never ask for water either haha. Anyways. So that was awesome. And Libeny saw it as an answer to her prayer. We then taught a bomb lesson, gave her a book of mormon to read, and if she doesnt get baptized im going to be very upset because shes awesome and I know she already knows this church is true. hahaha. So yeah. Way cool. The church is true. 

Wednesday: In the morning we had a service project and basically fixed up this members room. Like Ive said before theyre pretty poor and have small houses, and theyre all really dirty too and not well taken care of... but so basically I took Construction 101 and learned how to build a bedroom. haha.IT was fun! 

Thursday: I got my first haircut in Chile! I was nervous because I wasnt sure how it would turn out since I was in Chile..... haha. But I just said "Same thing as my companion!" and it turned out fine! haha. Im content. Also other random awesome thing, we've been giving someone the lessons in English??? hahaha. Who would have guessed! We ran into a guy a few weeks ago on the street (Felipe) who knows english and wanted to participate in the English class with us so he could keep up his english and learn more! Turns out weve been giving him the lessons (in english... weird) and its really been AWESOME. haha. he has such good questions and really understands everything and has even told us he really feels something different and feels peace and happiness from our message! haha. So thats awesome too. The only problem is he actually lives in Chillan and has family in Longavì he was visitng... So we have to pass him along to the missionaries in Chillan :( haha. But he comes and visits every Sat. So well meet with him there!

Friday: Fridayyyy....... Was an interesting day. Shoot this is a long letter haha. So basically it was normal until at night. We had an activity Saturday night in the chapel so Friday night we were cleaning it. After cleaning we had another appointment to meet with a different guy (Carlos) who needed help with English. So he finally showed up and longggg story short we spent WAY too much time with him and got nothing done and we ended up at his house with his family and they have the dirtiest most unorganized house ive ever seen and his mom was telling us about the end of the world and how the USA is going to put microchips into people and theyll take over the world... it was weird. Anyway. The other funny thing was they gave us food and asked us to pray over it, so we did. Then after the prayer we asked how theyre accustomed to praying and all of a sudden they said "We'll show you!" and they all simultaneously busted into song and sang some weird prayer that sounded like a wiggles song hahah... it was really funny i was trying so hard not to laugh haha.

Saturday: Also interesting but awesome. Basically the 2 main things are at lunch time we were running late so we called the member who is serving us lunch and said "sorry were running late and have a lot to do today, is it possible the lunch could be ready when we get there so we have time?" So he said yes, we go over there, he is WAY mad at us and offended because he always has problems with North Americans during lunch appointments and were really rude and I dont even know what. It was kind of lame reasoning though.... haha. So basically he told us he's never inviting the missionaries over for lunch ever again. haha. But we called the branch president about it and said that this guy is just dramatic and its happened before, not to worry about it and just go back and ask for forgiveness hahaha. So we still definitely felt bad... but yeah. haha Also saturday we had a devocional con Elder Svec of the 70! So that was really awesome and I got to meet him and hear from him and it was really really good. It was awesome.

Sunday: We had Branch Conference and all the leaders were there including President Humphrey. And just so you know, I've definitely been putting my piano playing to use! For example, I played 5 songs in this meeting haha. Accompanied the primary, opening, sacrament, closing song, and accompanied the Young Single Adult "choir" (notice the quotes haha....) So yeah! I love playing the piano for them, Its awesome. I loveeee playing haha.

And lastly, we have cambios (transfers) tomorrow! Thats why were having a noche de hogar for Elder Chirinos. Hes leaving and going to the south tomorrow! Hes really funny and crazy so we'll miss having him in the house haha. But hes really excited. Hes been in longavì for 7 months!! But his companion is going to be training so im hoping the new guy will be someone I know from my zone in the MTC!! Thatd be awesome. Also, I wont be the youngest in the house haha. But so yeah. This letter is way too long. I apologize. But it was a crazy week. I love you and miss you all soooo much. I think about you lots! I hope all is well and you are all in my prayers always. I appreciate the love and support! Im loving here in Longavì! The church is true and I dont want to be doing anything else with my life right now because I know this is the right thing haha. I love it. Perooooo.... Eso es todo! Los extraño! Chau!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment