Tuesday, August 6, 2013

No hablo español, hablo chilenopo. ¿cachài? August 5, 2013

Hello world! How are things? I hope things are good. Things are well over here.

Well once again I dont have much to say, or much to update on... So here`s the update.

We had a week of pure finding investigators, and we were able to find a few! They were mas o menos no mas... but the good thing is that we`ve received a few way good references from miembros... so were going to be contacting those this week, and hoping for success from that. So we`ll see how that goes!

The other super great thing is that... Silvia finally talked with her parents!!! Woooooooooooooo!!! And everything turned out great. She let them know what was going on and they werent super excited about it, but they said "Well alright. You`re a big girl. You can make your own decisions". So shes good to go! But unfortunately... Its a long story but she wont be getting baptized this week. So she`ll be getting baptized the 17th of august! So now we just need to cuidarla so that nothing goes wrong during that time... So keep including her in your prayers please! 

And... thats about all I have for updating. But, ive sent lots of short boring emails as of late, so i wanted to thrown in a few random thoughts of chile, the mission, and things like that to spice it up a little bit! So these are just random thoughts that Ive been thinking of.

This past 2 weeks or so the garbagemen have been on strike to raise their salary. So there was CUALQUIER pile of garbage all piled up in the streets. Like seriously there were mountains of garbage. It was bad. Whether theyre still on stirke or not... I dont know. But theres not as much garbage now. But it was bad. 
It attracted ALL the dogs and so the dogs were just all over the place in the trash and... oh man it was a wreck.

I love chilean food. Its way good. But their ideas of some things are a little weird. Especially their desserts. Dessert here is almost always just a fruit. We eat sopa, and despues we have the normal meal... and then "postre" (dessert) and they just give us an orange or banana or something. The other day we had a switchup and the lady said she was going to serve us "Leche con Quaker" Milk with Quaker... So I thought "huhh?" And she served us the dessert... and it was oatmeal! hahaha. So instead of oatmeal as breakfast... I ate it as the dessert of my lunch. hahaha. It was good! A little different because were in chile... but. It was good.

Other thought. I will NEVER EVER EVER get married outside of the temple. NEVER. My testimony of eternal marriage, and even just MARRIAGE in the first place has grown so much here. Its so sad and frustrating to see the effect of people just living together unmarried, or just having kids outside of marriage, and even just how sad it is and the struggle Members of the church who didnt get married in the temple go through. Gahhhh. So. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER get married outside of the temple. Ever. haha. Like my parents have said many times "Do it once. Do it right." haha. 

Also one of the saddest most frustrating things in the world is talking to menos activos. Less active members. Ahhhh me da rabia everytime we listen to their stories and excuses of why they went inactive. And I tampoco will never ever ever go inactive. I know too much of the gospel and have a testimony too strong of this gospel to ever go inactive in my life. hahah. Ahhhh it frustrates me so much listening to them. haha. So. Other commitment I have for the eternidad. haha. 

and basically I just know this church is true with all my being. I love it haha. It just that sometimes being a missionary is so hard because we have testimonies tan fuertes of this gospel and we know its all true and that its the answer that everyone needs in their lives. And so its just rough when people dont except it. But... asì es la vida. Todos tienen su albedrio. 

Right now im reading through DyC for the first time. Its cool I like it lots. Some verses I read the other day that I really love are DyC 42:49-52 and I invite EVERYONE to read it and think about the message it contains and then pray afterwards to know how you can apply it in your life. So go do that.

and the last thought is that... I still hate dogs. Hate them hate them hate them. And I still miss my beard. In case you all were wondering. hahaha.

ANYWAYS. thats all I got. The church is true and I love the work im doing even though it can be really tough. I love you and miss you all. Keep the commandments. It really is the answer to everything. Love you! have a good week!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment