Sunday, August 18, 2013

Well... That is NOT what I was expecting... August 12, 2013


Well hello friends and family. I come to you with news this week. So here it goes.

Well today we have cambios. Ive been here in La Pradera B for 8 weeks. So obviously nothing was going to happen to me right? Wrong. haha.

Well we got cambios today and Elder Panduro is leaving La Pradera B to go to Talchuano. So we all knew that was coming and that Elder Panduro was (unfortunately) going to be leaving (he`s definitely been my best Latino comp so far. We got along really well). And then the zone leaders said "Elder Heyman want to hear your cambio?" So i said "sure!" thinking they were just going to be telling me my new companion. 

Well. First off, Im continuing as district leader! woo hoo! But now I will have 2 hermanas and 2 elderes in my distrito. So we`ll see how it goes having hermanas in my district haha. 

Secondly, Im going to be training again!! Woo hooooo! ¡Otro hijo mio! I go to pick up my hijito tomorrow morning!! So details about him will come in the following week! But im way excited to train again! After training Elder Adamson I always think about things I wouldve done different and stuff like that... So now I get another opportunity! haha. Im way excited :D

And third... im leaving La Pradera B... I have also been given the assignment to open up a new sector. haha. woooooo. So im leaving La Pradera B, and where am I going? Right next door. Im leaving the ward La Pradera and going to the neighboring ward La Tierra Bella. So literally im moving houses about... quarter of a mile down the road. hahaha. So thats the only super lame thing that im not excited about.... PACKING :((((( haha. SO LAME. I HATE PACKING. but. ¡Hay que hacerlo no mas! 

BUT. i was NOT expecting that. hahaha. When they told me I was leaving as district leader to train and open up a new sector I was in shock. That was not what I was expecting haha. BUT. I am EXTREMELY EXCITED. It is going to be a huge challenge for me and I am excited to do it. I already know everything I need to do... Now I just gotta do it. After hearing my cambio... it took me about 30 minutes and I realized exactly why this assignment was given to me. At least, I feel like I know exactly why the lord threw this challenge at me. And thats why I say I know what I have to do. And now I just gotta get out there and do it! So i am EXTREMELY excited for the challenge. I will be working extremely hard these next couple of cambios haha. Its gonna be crazy. 

ANYWAY. So what about Silvia?? Well... Silvia will still be getting baptized this saturday at 5. And even though Ive been transfered I still have the huge blessing of being right next door so ill still get to attend the baptism and everything :) So Ill send pictures next week! Her boyfriend will be baptizing her. So itll be a super exciting day for the family haha. And for us! :D haha. But she`s all good and now were just getting the baptism ready! :) woo hoo!

And as for the situation that I had with the hermana that washed our clothes... problem solved?... haha. Seriously though. Things like that have happened so many times already in my mission that I feel so extremely blessed haha. Whenever I have situations that are really bad, or just problems like that... The Lord has always in one way or another just straight up taken me out of the situation. It once again reminds me of Alma 26:27. I deal with the problems as best I can while they last... trying to think of solutions and stuff like that... and de repente the Lord solves the whole thing for me and gives me "the success" im waiting for. I dont know if that make sense but anyway its happened a few times during the mission and I just feel extremely blessed for the Lord helping me out in those moments. Sometimes I even feel SOOOOO blessed that I feel bad for how blessed I feel :( haha. anyways... Im ranting. Perdòn.

And the last thought is that I have a testimony super strong that the Lord really prepares people for the assignments and tests and trials that we have in life. A few weeks ago I had been thinking quite a bit how the Lord prepared me for my mission and I was able to recognize a lot of thing He had done for me in my life to help me in my preparation. But also after receiving my cambio, after a little while I realized how the lord has been helping me prepare for this assignment the past few weeks. In my studies and thoughts and changes ive been making... so. Its awesome how the Lord works to mold us and prepare us for the things we have coming our way in life! :D

But. I cant think of anything grand to add. Oh! ¡¡SHOUT OUT TO MARLEICE AND MIKE FRABRIZIO!! So pumped that they made it official and are getting married. haha.

okay NOW I cant think of anything else to add... but. I love you and miss you all. Gotta go pack and stuff like that... So ill send you more updates next week! I love you and miss you all! Pray lots for me and pray for my faith and obedience and diligence en la obra! Thats what I ask of you haha. Thank you! Love and miss you! Have an awesome week!

Con mucho amor y animo,

Elder Heyman :D

No comments:

Post a Comment