Saturday, September 14, 2013

08/19/2013 This is a Crazy New Experience

Hello people. How are you? I am well. And had a crazy week. With my new assignments and responsibilities... añlsdkfjs its hard stuff! But im pushing through and were doing good haha. So ive got a couple updates from the week! here we go.

UNO. On tuesday I got to meet my new hijo!!! Anddd... I am training Elder Gonzales! An 18 yr old from Colombia! haha so I was way pumped to meet him on tuesday and get straight to work! He`s a really smart guy. He`s been a convert for 2 years but left a lot with the missionaries in his ward in Colombia. So i was actually pretty surprised and impressed with how much he knew about the mission when he got here! He has a very large "take the lead and go get it" attitude..... So i have to slow him down sometimes and calm him down with some things haha... Theres lots of times where hes trying to take off running before he can walk. BUT! We`re doing good! Hes got lots of animo and a good attitude and is ready to work (AND he already knows spanish :P) So things are going real well! haha. Ill send pictures of him! But so thats a little bit about my new hijo de la misiòn!

SEGUNDO. My new sector! Well this week was a really slow working week haha.... We did ALOT of walking. basically just PURE walking and contacting haha. We were so lost in our sector. Luckily its not too hard to figure out, but still. Our first week and we had no idea where we were at or where we were going or anything. The 2 elders that were working in the WHOLE sector before us only had 2 investigators to pass on to us... so al tiro we went to visit them but.... they were notttt very good investigators. So. Basically were starting with ZERO. haha. So por eso... PURO caminar y contactar. Que divertido. haha. But no were doing good with it. The Lord blesed us with some people to teach and visit. So thats good. We`ll be visiting them this next week once again. Luckily I had worked in this sector once before on a mini cambio, so I actually know and recognize some stuff haha. But so yeah. It was an EXTREMELY disorganized week with lots of disorden and confusion and... yeah. Anyway. I digress...

TERCERO. The ward. The ward is really good! Its way cool. I like it alot and theyve got some good animo and are really nice and excited to have 4 misioneros in their ward now. I like them alot. So im excited to work with them! we`ve already received a few references from them and so we`re ready to get to work! 

CUARTO. The responsibility. WHOOOO. I got alot of stuff under my belt now haha. I have to be completely 100% honest. Im pretty sure this is like... the most responsibility ive ever had in my life hahaha. And its rough! Actually DOING the things i have to do (train, open a sector, lead the district) isnt too hard... but the hard thing is figuring out how to use my time wisely and effectively and balancing it all. THATS the hard part. Because I have lots of organizing I need to do to get the sector up and running, and make sure Im explaining everything to Elder Gonzales, and take care of other matters with the district. So individually, I can do those things no problem. The new desafìo is balancing it all! haha. But its good! It keeps me busy! And even though sometimes ive felt the stress of completing with all the duties this past week... Im happy! haha i love what im doing and it pushes me to the next level. It helps me progress! Progress and become more like my Heavenly Father. And when were doing THAT, THATS when were happy! So im happy! haha. 

QUINTO. The baptism of Silvia!! Silvia got baptized on saturday! WOOT WOOT!!! I was happy because im still right next door so i was able to attend the baptism! And it was an awesome baptism! Full of happiness and joy! But ohhhhh man it was an interesting experience for me.........
So its a LONG story full of details, but ima try and keep it short. But so I said my goodbyes to these people on monday because i was leaving the sector... But so I showed up again in the ward on saturday for the baptism. So I was greeting Marcelo`s mom (Marcelo = BF of Silvia) at the beginning of the service... and she said "Well Elder now that youre not an elder in our sector I can give you a hug to say thanks for all you did to help us with this! I could give you a kiss even if I wanted!" and then after saying that she grabbed me to hug me and I freaked out and jumped away... but she was just joking and laughed and let me go. So... that was weird... But then before the service began we all got together to take pictures outside. And so we were taking pictures, me with silvia and Marcelo, and de repente Marcelo`s mom said "Wait one more! Yeah elder stay there for the picture" So were all in the picture together, her standing next to/behind me, and they counted "Uno... Dos..." and right on tres the mom grabbed me and gave me a huge hug! And I was NOT expecting it! so once again i jumped away and said "Que esta haciendo hermana?! Eso no se hace!" (What are you doing?! You cant do that, hermana!) So everybody was laughing and I was like "oh great......" But then that was the worse... because that just launched an attack. And then everybody started to chase me trying to hug me. So then I was just running around dodging people as they were trying to hug me. Gosh dang. But so finally people took a chill pill and we went back into the chapel to start the service. But the hermana and silvia said "Elder you cant escape our hug!" So then I was thinking "oh gosh i hope theyre not for real...." 
Anyway The service went on and it all turned out great. Full of happiness and joy because Silvia was getting baptized. It really was an awesome service!!
But so afterwards we had some refreshments... And the attacks started again. The hermana and Silvia were STUCK on hugging me to say thanks. But we explained "NO. YOU CANT DO THAT." But they didnt give in. They just kept chasing me and trying to sneak up on me and what not.... and they kept saying "we just want to thank you!!" And i kept saying "Thats fine! Just do it in a different way!!"  And so it was just loco and out of control and just kinda lame at the end because it was like my final goodbye and I couldnt exactly say goodbye tranquilamente because I couldnt trust them getting close to me cuz they would just attack me with hugs and stuff. So I couldnt take any good pictures saying goodbye. So that was kind of lame. But hey! She got baptized. haha. And no hugs were given. So its all good.

And lastly.... I cant think of much. haha. But I love being a missionary. Im having fun and working hard. I got lots of stuff to do so me quedo bien ocupado. But im loving it. Im happy. And life is good. I love you and miss you all and hope you can have the spirit in your life. The church and gospel is true, and the only way to true happiness. Have a good week!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment