Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hello 09/09/13

Hellooooo friends and family. I had quite the week. It was FULL of stuff haha. Lots of little stuff so i wont give all the details but ill just tell some stuff.

Well first off, we had a really really good week! We were able to do alot of good work and do lots of stuff. We found lots of people to teach and were able to make good progress with some people we had been teaching. And I dont remember if I had talked about them before (i think i did) But the family Solis Barker (theyre menos activos that have their son who is still not baptized) We were able to help them come to church this week! They came to church! woo hooooo!!!! The WHOLE family! So it was awesome. Legitametly I dont think ive been happier to see one of our investigators/menos activos in church before haha. It was the best. Were starting to see lots of miracles and blessings in our sector and were super happy haha. So yeah, we had a really good week!

And also this week, I come sharing a testimony of service! haha. So, long story short, my companion and I are having difficulties haha. We are just 2 very different people, so theres alot of butting heads. BUT, we still work fine together, but its just lame to not like... get along with your companion haha. So each week we have our "Companionship inventories" where we talk about how things are going and if theres any problems between us. And basically we just talked about how we dont get along very much. haha. So... we kind of just ended up like that "we dont like eachother but were both dedicated to the work and that`s all that matters." But so after having that conversation I was just thinking about it and thought "well its just super lame to not get along with your companion" and thinking that "this is my hijo, im training him and im his first companion and I dont want him to have lame memories of his first companion/trainer!" So i was thinking about what I could do to help our relationship out, and decided the best thing to do would be to serve! So I just figured by serving i would be able to show my love towards him and that I WOULD like to get along and be friends and hoped things would be better. So during the week I just tried looking for opportunities to serve. For example one day I made his bed for him, another day I shined his shoes, if we bought a little snack or something to eat from a store I would buy one for him too... Just little things to serve. And it worked! We had a MUCH MUCH MUCH better week. We got along much better and fought less and things were just better. and I know it was that way because of the service. not to say it in a bragging way, but de verdad, it made a world of difference. SO. Serve! If theres someone you dont like, serve them! and the spirit of service will change things. It will give a 180 and be alot better. So thats was an awesome experience I had this week. Go out and serve others! It will make you and them happier :)

Another CRAZY thing from this week was my district... bajofjawepofkj oh man tuvimos cualquier problema. The whole week I was dealing with alot of district stuff. I had sick hermanas that couldnt leave to work. They were sick and throwing up and lots of other stuff and just ALOT of stuff. And my companion also this weekend discovered this crazy nasty blister/spider bite looking thing on his toe, so we`ve had to be figuring out what to do with that... I also had a mini cambio this week with one of the elders and so that was actually alot of fun, but just another District Leader responsibility I had this week, and we ended up leaving the 2 nuevos misioneros that have 1 month in the mission together in my sector (and they actually did a really good job haha) It was just crazy haha. So i was on the phone all the time during the week and making calls and checking up on people and calling other people to find solutions and on and on haha. It was loco. So that was crazy. Have I mentioned it was crazy? 

and also another crazy thing that has happened this past cambio is how busy the 30 minutes right after church ends on sunday have become. They are 30 of the busiest most chaotic minutes of my life. haha. Church ends and then millions of responsibilities come in all of the sudden. I have to talk to my district to see how it went in church, help clean up the church, the bishopbric is calling us to talk, members are calling us to talk and remind us about lunches or give referencias or just anything, people are asking for help with stuff. Its just so chaotic. haha. once again... its CRAZY. Thats just how i feel my life is now. CRAZY. Just so many things happening haha. Words cant explain it.

Andd lastly Ill been sending pictures today! I finally have some pictures to send. Today we had a zone activity and went to the beach! haha it was awesome! we had alot of fun, so ill send pictures and you can see it.

Wellll.... Thats about all for now. For this week. Things are good, im learning and growing lots, and i love being a missionary. I love seeing the miracles of the hand of the Lord every day, and feel so blessed for everything ive been given. If we just live the gospel, everything will be perfectly okay. They wont be perfect, but theyll be perfectly okay. I love you all and miss you lots! Be good people! live the gospel and share it with everyone! Help the missionaries wherever you live. This church and gospel are true.

With Lots of love,

Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment