Monday, July 9, 2012

3rd Letter from MTC! July 9, 2012


Hola Family and friends!!
 
First, Mom and Dad can I get the siblings emails so I can just email this straight to them as well please? Gracias!
 
But so I'm still alive! The days are long, but the weeks are SO fast, just like you said mom! I'm still loving it, but the excitement and adrenaline has worn off a bit and things are slowing down haha. Some quick highlights from the week...
So July 4th was kind of fun! We had a special, relaxed fireside where we did alot of fun/funny things (well.... things that are only fun/funny because you've been in the MTC for 3 weeks now... haha) We just sang funny songs and kind of had some relax time... Idk it was good! But then afterwards they allowed us to watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire!! haha That was a fun highlight too... except we went to bed at 1145 which was SOOO late because we couldn't leave until they were done... I would have rathered just go to bed at 1030 haha.
 
Second highlight is that we got a new district in our zone this week! It's fun to be the older guys now and act like we totally know what we're doing and we're practically fluent in spanish even though we've only been here 3 weeks hahaha. But they're really cool kids. I was seriously so blessed with the coolest zone and Branch Presidency in the MTC. Hallelujah.
SPEAKING of new districts... I am 99% sure the soon-to-be Elder Lythgoe won't be IN my zone... but that he WILL be like 4 or 5 classrooms down from me!!! Yeahhh!!! I talked to one of the presidency members and they said he was coming in. Pretty sure it's him. But so tell Lythgoe to DearElder me when he gets here so I can try and meet him or something!! I'm excited for him to come.
 
Last kind of highlight is we also had a district leave out to the field today. They were all going to MacGyver's mission!! Nicaragua, Minagua Sul! So I told them to keep an eye out for him. But it was sad to say bye. And we do this thing whenever a district leaves that we all circle around them and sing "God Be With You Til We meet again" in spanish all together. It's alot of fun and a cool experience!
 
Since I don't have a ton to highlight this week... I thought I'd give everyone a quick rundown of what a day at the MTC is like. So you either know what I'm doing, or know what to expect ;)
 
6:30 Wake up
7:20 Off to class for Study time until Breakfast
8:20 Breakfast
8:50-11:50 Class Instruction. Here we learn the language, learn teaching skills, and learn planning and goal making skills.
11:55 Personal Study Time. We read the scriptures and study preach my gospel and other things on our own.
1:00 Lunch
1:45 Language Study. Study the language and do whatever you need to progress in the language.
2:55 TALL (Technology Assisted Language Learning) Lab. Basically we get on computers and do a "rosetta stone" type thing.
4:00 Daily Planning Session. We sit down and plan out everything for the next day! Always gotta stay busy!
4:40 Gym Time! (I always play softball or soccer)
5:30 Get cleaned up
6:00 Dinner
6:30-930 Class Instruction
9:30 Return to Residency
10:15 Everyone in their rooms
10:30 Lights out.
 
Everyday. That what we do. hahaha. It changes up a little bit depending on the day... but that's basically it. A lot of studying and instruction! It's weird how slow AND how fast it goes by. I've already almost been here a month?! Weird.
 
Well seriously besides that... Nothing extremely special came up this week. The language is still coming great. I just try to speak it as much as possible. I love learning it. My health is good now, although my companion is a little sick now. Elder Jones and I still get along great. Everyone in my zone gets along awesome. I've seriously been extremely blessed. I sure miss everyone! Please keep writing me! It keeps me going and makes things alot easier haha. Even just a quick little hello!
Oh one thing I remembered. We have devotionals with the whole MTC every Tuesday night, and there's always a musical number during it... So I'm going to audition to play for one! I'm excited! Hope it all goes well!
And a shout out to my Mom and Dad celebrating their... 32nd? Anniversary this week!!! And happy birthday to my bro Curtis celebrating #31?!! haha I can't remember the numbers.
But I love and miss you guys! Hope everyone is well and has a good week! Send me letters and notes and etc!!
 
Se que esta iglesia es verdadera y estoy muy agradecido por esta oportunidad. La obra estoy haciendo es muy bueno y se que me bendecirá en mi vida. Los quiero!!
 
Con amor,
Elder Heyman

1 comment:

  1. Elder Lythgoe goes into the MTC this Wednesday, the 11th. He just let Elder Heyman know (dearelder.com) his arrival time. Hopefully they'll be able to hook up. They Lythgoe's sure do love all the Heyman missionaries!

    ReplyDelete