Monday, July 16, 2012

4th Letter from MTC! July 16th


Hola mis amigos y mi familia!
Esta semana sera la mitad de mi experiencia en el CCM!!! haha Not even sure if that was right. But This next saturday, I will be halfway done being in the MTC! And this wednesday will be one month here! One month. I can't believe it went by so fast haha. It's crazy how fast the time goes by here at the MTC... and then one more month until I head for Chile!
 
This week was an exciting week! I had lots going on. BUT FIRST while I remember:
Jen, I don't know if you've sent that package yet, but if not, I have some requests to add in haha. Socks, the haircutting scissors in that kit thing I had, some BYU lax attire (shirts please!)... and that's all I can think of. If I remember more I'll add it haha. Please and thank you!
So once again happy birthday to my brother Curtis! I hope you had a good one! And happy anniversary to my parents! It sounds like they had a pretty good one as well!
 
Well so Wednesday I had a bunch of friends come into the MTC again! Elder Stoker, Elder Austin Nelson, and I were all able to sneak over to the pick up spot and meet him when he walked in!! haha it was awesome. It was great to see him and see his parents as well. We we're all going crazy and so excited and happy. Sister Lythgoe grabbed some pictures so I'm sure those were shared. Then my companion, Elder Jones, and I stood next to the door where new missionaries walk out of to finally enter the MTC to wait for other friends, and I got to see Elder Brady Tengberg right as he walked through the door too! And Elder Max Ash happened to be walking by at the same time too haha. So it was a quick little freshman lax reunion haha. It is seriously so fun to have all of us together in the MTC. It rocks. And there's STILL even more to come. I love it.
 
Mom, THANK YOU for the cinnamon rolls (again). This time they were NOT demolished by ants, and made me and some other companions very happy haha.
and another shout out to the Farnsworths! I (and the people in my district. No food in the mail is your own anymore haha) were SO pumped when I got the mail and found a box of those Cocoa Bean cupcakes. Thank you guys sooo much! They were delicious and an awesome surprise haha. Made me day. But seriously thank you so much! It meant alot and I really appreciate it! I miss you guys!
 
Then Thursday I did my audition to play a musical number for a devotional! So I walked in the room and sat down and had to wait for a few others to go before me. I was going to play "I'll see you there" (of course) and felt really prepared and that I would do well. The "judges" were the wives of the MTC mission presideny haha. So I played and I played really really well! After I finished they complimented me on my playing and said I played beautifully and with alot of feeling and that I was very good! but.... They want songs that make you think of the gospel. And although it was a very beautiful song and they could feel the spirit as I played, it wasn't exactly a church song and didn't exactly bring your mind to the gospel. So I probably won't be playing at a devotional haha. But she said they really liked and want to use it, so maybe I'll do a prelude or something. And THEN she also asked if it was alright if she put me on the accompaniast (I can neither spell nor pronounce that word. Sorry) list. Which is a list of only 6 of us in the MTC that if anybody needs an accompany-er, she will refer them to us haha. She asked if it was alright if I was put on it, and as I hesitated with my answer, reminded me that she "is very very picky about who goes on this list". So I accepted! haha. So although the end result wasn't exactly what I wanted, I'm still very pleased and think it was successful! haha.
 
One other funny story from the week is that yesterday at Sacrament Meeting was chaotic as the Music Coordinator haha. The easiest calling in the zone and I couldn't even do it right. I don't have any idea what went wrong, but everything was just messed up. All the hymn numbers were wrong, one of the hymn name written down was wrong, so people didn't know what song we were singing. The pianist (not me) prepared for the wrong songs (but still played nicely. so it was okay) The english music for one song was different then the Spanish music so I was freaking out and praying/hoping the music and words would still end at the right time and together. hahaha it was hectic. But in the end it all turned out okay! And the old music coordinator before me kept making fun of me after hahah. It was funny. But I'll be more careful next time and make sure it all gets straightened out beforehand...
 
It was awesome to get all the packages and mail and everything from everyone. I love it! Thank you so much to everybody. I'm continuing to love the time here at the mtc. Although STILL... my least favorite part about the whole experience so far is having to shave everyday. It's TERRIBLE. I hate it. But I do it... Unfortunately haha. I still weigh the same! for those of you wondering (which do exist). I'm continuing to learn the language well and learn so much about this church and this gospel! I love it all so much!

I love you all and miss you! Everybody write me letters because it's the best feeling ever! haha. Serious though it's awesome motivation. Tengan una buena semana!
 
Con amor,
Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment