Monday, July 23, 2012

One Month down! Fifth letter from MTC


Hola! Como estan ustedes? Estoy bien, pero estoy muy cansado. Yo tuve una semana muy loco!
 
Once again, the days/weeks just FLY by. It's crazy. Can't believe I'm writing another email already. I honestly can't even remember much about the weeks any more haha. It all just blends together since I do the same thing each week haha. But I have officially been on the mish/in the MTC for a month! 23 more to go! haha. I'm still loving it though! Some of the highlights for the week...

Wednesday Harrison Wardle came in. So we've officially reached the maximum of how many kids in our group of friends will be in here all at once. I think that made sense? It's so fun to get us all together and wait for eachother to walk in and welcome eachother. Esta muy divertido! Although we are missing a few friends and we all wish they were here... :'(

On Thursdays we do this thing called TRC (Teaching Resource Center) where as a companionship we go in and members come to the MTC and we teach them lessons! It's alot of fun and weve been doing it for about 3 weeks now... This week we had a fun experience and we shared some good thoughts to a sister who was having some trouble finding work, and who has a friend in Africa right now for a humanitarian project, but had to go to the hospital for some reason... Can't remember why (or maybe I didn't understand? Did I mention we teach the whole thing speaking in only Spanish? haha) But so that was fun. It was funny because we teach 2 people, and the first person I was struggling to communicate a question to. I tried asking like 3 times, and finally in desperation asked her, "Permiteme hablar en ingles para uno momento??" (Can I speak in english for a second?) and was quickly shut down hahaha. So it took like another 2 tries before she finally understood the question. A chance for me to learn patience! haha. But it was a good lesson overall!
 
On Friday we were playing soccer during gymtime, and my companion went to kick the ball, but NAILED a kids shin with his foot and apparently messed it up pretty bad. He was in a lot of pain and was struggling to walk. He had to hang on to my shoulder everywhere we went haha. But so that night we gave him a blessing and the next morning, although still in quite a bit of pain, he could walk fine! (with a little limp still haha) It was awesome. Quite the improvement from the day before. And I know it's because the lord had his hand in helping him!
 
Nothing cool Saturday. But Sunday was one of my worst days here so far haha. I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something but I was not in a good mood. But speaking of waking up on the wrong side of the bed, it ALL started with my companion waking me up early with his face right in front of me trying to tell me something (I don't even know what./I think something about the showers) and his nasty morning breath was all in my face. It was terrible. I was so mad. So I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Then the rest of the day everything was just bugging me. I don't even know why. But then there was this one kid in our district who was reading a conference talk on the computer and he mentioned how he loves conference talks and would ALWAYS read them instead of scripture study. So I asked "Really? how come?" He then stated that "conference talks are much more relevant to us, and the words of living prophets are much more important than those of dead prophets." (Thats a direct quote) he also mentioned something about how he can't receive revelation from reading the book of mormon. So that upset me, and the rest of the district. And then his companion told me that he even teaches people in lessons that basically all they need to do is first read the book of mormon to know if its true, but then after they dont really need to continue reading it, just listen to the words of the prophets we have today. But so anyway our district was getting in this huge argument with him and he was being so dumb about it and I seriously just wanted to punch him. It was all ridiculous. (okay not really punch him but I was pretty frustrated). So finally we all just shut up and didn't talk about it anymore because it was getting out of hand. So yes. I was very short on patience Sunday. Not a fantastic day for me. But I've repented and am much happier now :)
 
But then later that day at the temple walk we had two friends that had been parked at the parking lot for 2 hours because they didn't know when everyone came haha. So we said quick hellos, shook hands, took a picture or two then walked back. It was exciting! But you're not really supposed to do that... Oh well. haha Then later that night all of the lacrosse/mesa boys/friends from BYU got together at the big old map and took pictures together. It was alot of fun to have us officially all together at the mtc together. I'll send the pictures home!!!
 
But so yeah... and that brings us back to Monday! Just hanging out on P-day writing some letters and stuff. I'm loving it here! The Spanish still continues to come well, my companion and I get along fantastic (except when he wakes me up early... hahaha) and more and more friends continue to come in. It's been an awesome experience. And I'm so excited to go out and teach to REAL investigators out in Chile haha. Except I am nervous for the language change. Even though I'm learning here, it will be alot different in Chile... Oh well! Bring it on! Thank you people for the mail! I love hearing from everyone and anyone haha. It's fantastic. I love you all and I miss you all! I know that this church is absolutely true and I love this work. I can't wait to help people come unto Christ by helping them receive His restored gospel! Write me letters/dearelders/emails! I love them haha. Anyway, love you and miss you all!
 
- Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment