Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nothing Super Grand Oct. 22, 2012

Hola a todos! So this week was pretty uneventful haha... Not alot happened haha. Just a week of working hard! Like really its not even worth doing my day to day thing i usually do haha. So ill just write some points and some things I feel like saying this week!

The weather has been even worse this week haha. its been more cold than warm. And its been raining quite a bit the past couple days! booo. I hate rain haha. Oh well ive got good protection! But everyone keeps saying well be heading into the summer heat faster than I think... well see how it is and how it compares to the AZ heat! ;) 

Our branch president here is building a little vacation house on the outskirts of Longaví. He lives in Linares and so has to drive to Longaví all the time for church duties. So they wanted to build a house out in the campo. So weve been doing some service lately helping build that! Im learning alot about construction, actually haha. Alot of random skills and ways to do things, how to make cement, weve worked a ton with cement haha. They dont have big trcks to just pour cement where you want... we make it all and take it wheelbarrow by wheelbarrow and pour it where we need haha. Its helped expand my spanish vocab :P Now i know Martillo y pala y palo y tabla y what "el diablo" is (NOT the devil. A crowbar! haha) but all sorts of stuff! and were shoveling dirt and rocks everywhere, I learned this weird technique of how to find water underground haha. but it works! anyway. Its a good workout too and ive been learning alot! Its fun and something different to do! so its enjoyable. I think Ive failed to take pictures.... sorry :/ But we'll be out there working more so ill take some next time! haha. But So yeah that something weve been doing haha.

We had a good week of work this week! we found some new people to teach and have been teaching some good progressing people. First of all Libeny Ive told you about is AWESOME. She still isnt 100% sure? secure? segura haha about baptism. But its funny cuz she just accepts everything we teach and starts living it right away. The moment we told her she needed to stop drinking tea and cafe, she stopped that night haha. Shes really so awesome and intelligent. And now her son is way involved to and wants to learn more and really wants to be baptized haha. Hes already pretty sure about it. So were excited for them! theyve been to church the past two weeks so thats good too. Theyre awesome. Weve been trying to teach Ramiro and his family too... They keep slowly improving but are really frustrating as well. Were not sure what more we can do :/ ugh. Its really frustrating.


I had an interview with my mission president this week! he came for a short conference just to interview everyone. and so he just talked to me all about mom and dad basically haha. It was good to see him and talk to him. Hes off to a mission president seminar and will be meeting dad this week! So im really excited about that! Especially because hell be bringing back a package from mom and dad for me! woo hoooooo!!!! hahaha. Im excited for that. But so yeah my mission president is super cool and super funny para que sepan. President Humphrey. He has funny little quirks, and my favorite is that at the end of prayers or testimonies or whatever he always like YELLS amen hahaha. its so funny. But no i love him and hes awesome and really is called of God!!

I continue to improve in spanish each week! Elder Klepinger told me the other day that in the 3 weeks hes been here hes really seen alot of improvement in my spanish. Which was good cuz i felt like i was at a standstill kind of! or even worsened... haha. I keep stumbling on words and blah blah blah. But i DO know im improving and stuff. But sometimes i just get frustrated still :P But i can definitely communicate (understand AND speak) ALOT better haha. Its a good feeling! 

Okay two more things I want to share! So first thing is yesterday at church we didnt have anyone there to take care of the primary... So I did it! hahaha. It was fun and went fine! I even happened to have cookies in my backpack to handout haha. I just taught about who our heavenly father is and what were doing here on earth. It was fun! haha. Also, yesterday I was assigned my first talk in church.... haha. Next week im speaking about la obra misional por 10 minutos! haha. It will be interesting. ALSO ysterday elder sutterfield and I taught the Young Men/Aaronic Priesthood. Everyone is new (plus theres only 3 of them) so we were basically teaching them about what the priesthood even is and what their duties are. We then tried to introduce Mutual to them.... and long story short, the people here live really sad, boring lives :( We asked them what they like to do with their friends so we could come up with mutual activites.... and all they came up with was futbol, and that they like to "hang out" but then they get bored and they all just go on facebook.... haha. So then we gave them a talk about how great church is and all the resources they hvae and they should do something FUN. haha. But basically my point is just that were all REALLY blessed. Becase seriously the lifestyle here is REALLY sad. Its really poor and all the teenage kids are just... really just a joke. At such a young age they just get into the worst stuff like drugs and alcohol and everything, and when theyre like 16/17 so many of them get pregnant and then the boys just take off and leave buried in their drugs and alcohol so they work terrible jobs, and the girls are left alone to try and raise a kid on their own and on and on.... its just terrible. And is wayyyy too common. Its sad. Were all really blessed. But thats all I want to say about that. haha.

okay and LAST thing is a quick little thought about how its funny to me that I learn the most about everything when were IN lessons. Like I recieve personal revelation the most during our lessons. it seems like it always happens while im just sitting there listening to what Elder Sutterfield is saying, and then Ill hear something and BAM my mind explodes and all of a sudden something clicks and i understand something about the gospel ALOT better. Its a win/lose situation because Im learning a ton, but were speaking in spanish and I get sidetracked and when I get back to paying attention i have no idea whats going on and have trouble figuring out where were at hahaha. But its just awesome and its interesting to see that God works in mysterious ways! Im always always always learning something new. And I love it. I always have to write whatever thought comes to mind down during the lesson so later I can remember it and go look at it better haha. 

But so thats all from this week! like i said no major events so i just filled you in a little about life here haha. Iiiiiim loving it! Its so fun. as of yesterday ive officially been here 2 months!! sooooooo crazy... haha. I cant believe how fast time goes. This morning during P-day I just did a bunch of reading and went on a random cleaning spree (yes. that really happened) and  just cleaned everything alot and got super organized. It rocks haha. but now its just back to the house to relax a little until we go out to work later tonight! Im loving life here. i love and miss you all alotttt. Always are in my prayers. Im working hard to make you proud!! I love you all! Have a good week!!!

Con muuucho amor,
Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment