Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct. 8th- Ahhhhh

What is going on in this worldddddddd!!! The past two weeks have been CRAZY full of announcements and events and stuff and ahhhh. Im losing my mindddd. 

haha. But yeah really life has been super crazy it sounds like all around the world. Butttttttt.... okay. Heres a super quick rundown of the week really quick.

Monday. We had Elder Chirinos' goodbye thing at the church and it was alot of fun/sad! haha

Tuesday: we had cambios (transfers) and we have a new missionary in the house! We got another gringo who JUST arrived! So im not the new guy anymore (not completely... haha. definitely still new). anyway his name is Elder Klepinger from MESA AZ hahaha. What a small world right? I asked him about family and he didnt seem to know anyone... but hes 19 and graduated in 2011 and went to Mountain View haha. What a small world. Hes cool and fits right in! its funny/fun to watch him do all the things I was doing just 6 weeks ago, but now from a different point of view and I kind of have an idea of whats going on now! haha. Its really funny but i like to help him out too! 

Wednesday: I cant remember anything noteworthy... haha

Thursday: Thursday was a jam packed day full of disappointment haha. We had planned the day to be FULL of stuff and we were going to have so much success and teach so many people and blah blah blah... Well we went through the day and 6 of our appointments fell and we didnt find anyone knew to teach.... So we were frustrated. But i still felt happy cuz we were using our time wisely/well the whole day... We have trouble with that here because Chilenos talk SOOOO much, and other stuff but im just not going to go into detail about it haha. So it was disappointing, but at the end of the day i was still happy with what we HAD accomplished haha. So I still felt good!

Friday: Friday was tough too because we had few lessons and dedicated alot of time to contacting/proselyting/finding new people to teach.... and didnt enter a single house. We found a few people that wer willing to meet another time... so we'll see how that goes! 

Saturday/Sunday: Saturday was General Conference!!! So I'll be completly honest... and Ive never really ever been super excited about general conference before... But this time I was supppper excited!!! hahaha. I just had a different attitude about it and a different outlook! and it made all the difference. General conference was AWESOME. But so we have to travel to Linares from Longaví (about 30 min busride) to go to the chapel there to watch! So Saturday morning we rode over there! and so they broadcast the session in spanish in the chapel.... but then upstairs in a room they have some desks and a TV where the American missionaries can watch it in english!!! hahahaha. So that was really nice. Theres 7 of us! And theyre fine if we have food while we watch and such so we did that too haha. I had chips and salsa from Lider (Chile's Walmart haha. Literally owned by Walmart) BUTTTT I MISSED THE ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE AGE CHANGE FOR MISSIONARIES. I was SO mad. Because we showed up in Linares and could have walked to the chapel and made it in time, but other people were insisting we get food now while I was suggesting we went then so we could catch all of conference then just get food in between sessions.... (back to using time wisely thing...) ANYWAY... Long story short we missed it and I was really upset (and still kind of am) (if you couldnt tell) but i dont want to talk about it anymore! Moving on haha....

Yeah Im definitely really surprised about the announcement but think its so cool! And its funny cuz elder Sutt and I were talking about how he thought all his girl friends were going to leave on missions now and how I thought there was no way mine would go! buttttt apparently I was way wrong haha... so yeah. Were both in shock. Good luck with that mom and dad! it will be interesting to see how it affects your mish!!

So the only other thing about that is inbetween sessions we went to our branch presidents house and he fed us meals. And it was really delicious haha. Also I guess yeah I watched conference in english and i thought it was AWESOME! I learned a ton and really felt good about it. This church is definitely true and it rocks that we have a real living prophet on the earth just like in biblical times to speak to us and tell us what we need to hear from our Heavenly Father. I definitely know thats true. And it rocks. haha. and I know the apostles and other leaders really are called of god to help us as well! 

And that was the week! Ive been really bad about taking/sending photos the past weeks and I apologize :/ Ill send some today! 
The weather here is bipolar. Its scorching hot one day then freezing the next! We actually had alot of rain this week... but now its pretty hot outside... haha its always a guessing game of how many layers of clothes i should put on in the morning! 
My spanish is really really improving! Im gaining alot of confidence with speaking to people and losing some embarrassment/getting over it about when I mess up... haha and thats made a huge difference!
Time flies by faster than it ever has before. Its crazy.
I still love it here!!! Its so much fun. Being a missionary is awesome. So glad im here doing what i am!
But yeah this letter was kind of shorter and lame I apologize! But thats what I feel like writing haha. 

I hope everybody is okay and well wherever in the world you are! haha youre all in my prayers and I love the updates. Im staying focused here on the work and finding ways to improve in whatever it is most I need improvement in (i cant tell if that made sense haha) But anway, Im off to write some individual letters now! Ill send some pictures before I go as well. Probably a few since I missed the past 2 weeks haha. But alright! I love you and miss you all veryyyy much. I hope everything is good and im praying hard for you. Im doing my job here and hope to make you all proud! I want to be the best missionary ever and im finding lotsssss of different ways to improve myself so I can do that. I love you and miss you! Que esten bien y tengan exito con cualquier cosas que ustedes hagan! Les quiero mucho! Chau!!!!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment