Sunday, January 27, 2013

01/21/2013 Estoy sobreviviendo... No se precupen.

Welllll hello everyone! So first off, I apologize because this letter will probably be pretty dang short... But I apologize! Its a long story! But Im alive, Im loving the mission, Im learning ALOT, the work is really tough, but I´ve still got my head up and Im looking forward and continue to learn :) 

But! I at least had a few updates for you.

Right now were (trying) to teach an unmarried, co-living (why does that always happen?!) couple that seem to be really good! Well, the girl, Estefani, is really good, and Pablo, the male, is less interested in the gospel but more interested in his work and making money haha. But so theyre slowing progressing because theyre not married and still havent come to church, but it was pretty cool because the other day we showed up and estefani said "I have good news to tell you!" so we were excited and thought maybe they decided to get married hahaha. But she told us how she had had a dream and that in her dream Christ came to her and told her that she needed to go to our church and that he was happy with what she was doing! So we definitely were happy about that too :) haha and so we told her "YES. That is 110% a sign. Go to church this Sunday!" haha.... but she still failed to come :( and we dont know why. haha. BUT were working with them! 

I put my new soccer cleats to work this week and theyre awesome! I love them!! haha. I have photos. Ill make sure to send some this time! haha. 

Another super funny story from this week about Elder Cowden and bikes... hahaha
So something that I love doing on the bikes is that whenever we pass an animal, I love scaring them by swerving at them a little so they freak out haha. So the other day we were riding next to eachother, me on the left, Elder Cowden on the right, and there was a chicken on the road. Checking to see that there were no cars coming so it didnt get run over........ I swerved  at the chicken to scare it, thinking it would run even more into the road... Instead it freaks out, jumps IN FRONT OF ME so I swerve again to dodge it, but it continues running to the right... and there was innocent little Elder Cowden, happily riding his bike with no hands (which he mastered doing that the other week :) haha) and so this chicken ran at him, but he had no hands on his bike, so there was NOTHING he could do... and he just dominated the chicken and ran over it hahaha. Twice. Once with each tire hahahaha. And so we yelled and freaked out and didnt know what to do... but so we stopped and looked back and just sadly watched this chicken die. it was flopping around helpless everywhere and finally it just sadly stopped moving hahahaha. We didnt know what to do. And we felt bad. But so we went back to look at it and we think Elder Cowden must have just ran over it and broken its neck because its neck looked really weird and there wasnt too much blood anywhere else.... hahaha. oh man Elder Cowden. hahaha. So technically it was all my fault, but Elder Cowden just happened to have done the deed. hahaha

But anyway... Yeah. Thats all I can really share with everyone right now haha. I have to go now! I hope all is well, and that you know that I love you and miss you lots!!! I continue to learn SO much, and really thats my favorite part about the mission. Just how much i LEARN. haha. The church is true, the book is blue! Read it! I love you all!!

-Elder heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment