Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dec.17, 2012 Hola Hola from Longavi!

Alooooooha family and friends!

Well. Para que sepan. today was cambios again in the mission, and it looks like I will be here in Longavi for another 2 months minimum! :) hahaha. ALSO. THIS THURSDAY I WILL HAVE COMPLETED 6 MONTHS/ONE QUARTER OF MY MISSION. and THATS really weird. and makes me freak out. hahah. weirdddd.  But that was just an fyi.

Soooo Let me think of things that happened this week.... Nothing too grand and exciting. I finally had a nearly normal week here in the mission! haha :)

So I dont really have any stories... so I´ll just do some updates! 

This past week we had our Christmas half-mission Conference! It was a good spiritually uplifting experience and alot of fun too actually! haha. Each year theyve put together an end of year/christmas video for the whole mission with pictures and different things that we got to watch that was alot of fun haha. We talked about the christmas spirit and how we can help others here focus on the real christmas spirit and the birth and life of Christ. It was awesome! I really liked it.

We also got to watch all of the First Presidency´s Christmas Devocional! and actually we watched President Monson's talk 3 times haha. But it was always in spanish! BUT! I understood it pretty much all of it and so i really enjoyed it :) I still am missing lots of words from my vocabulary... So i can at least understand and catch everything people say to me, but now I just dont know words, so THATS when I dont understand things! haha So that was awesome and I enjoyed that too!

We have one for sure baptism this week, but we have the hope and faith for 3 this week ;) haha this little kid Julian will be getting baptized this week! Hes 10 and always comes to church with this one family and loves the church and knows and understands everything, but his family arent members so hes never been baptized! (Enter missionaries to fix that problem) So Julian is getting baptized this week! Hes the one that was running with my bike in that picture I sent last week! Alsooooo..... we´re still working with Anny and Enrique... And were running into complications! haaaa.... but were working hard and were gonna find a solution to help them reach their baptism! We talked to them... and basically they want to get baptized, but do not want to be seperated at all (goooood thing) but dont feel ready to be married already... they want to wait longer before getting married (Badddddd thing) so were working hard with them this week to get them married. Because if we keep pushing things back.... and back and back and back... its never going to happen and were going to lose them :( So were praying and working hard for them!!! I want them to get married and baptized so baddddd. Theyre so awesomeeee. And their little kid Damián is HILARIOUS too. Every time we show up to their house he comes running to the gate yelling "Hola mis amigos!" hahaha. And he only refers to us as his amigos. "Amigo mira! Mira mira mira! Mira amigo!" (google translate it) Its suuuuuper cute. and hes suuuuuper funny! I want them to get married and baptized so badddd!!! Their lives will be so much betterrrrr!!! Ah. Were working on it... haha. 

Boris WAS going to get the priesthood this past sunday..... but something came up that his girlfriend who lives in Chillan was sick and nobody was there to take her to the hospital so he couldnt come and etc..... so NEXT week he´ll get the priesthood. Shoot. haha.  That made me a little upset. But I cant wait for him to do that too! It will be an awesome feeling and hes super excited to receive the priesthood!

I finally had Music Class again this week! anddddd..... No one came. ha. Soooo Im going to find something to do to get people to come. Because that made me upset too. But! Long story short iiiii was able to learn alot about the hymns and all that stuff! haha. The back of the hymnbook is interesting. You should all look into that sometime. You´ll learn alot. hahaha.

ALSOOOOO. I found out my Christmas day communication rules. So I have an hour to skype! Woo hoo! but I have to get it finished by 5 my time... because we´ll still be going to work at night! haha :) so We were thinking that it would be best to skype around 2 or 3 our time here. and I think were 3 hours ahead?... BUT! Im super excited to do that!! I think its going to be SOOOO weird speaking spanish between me, dad, mom, and chris! ahhhh hahaha. WEIRD. We are a spanish speaking/portuguese speaking/south american family! Weird. But awesome. haha. 

My soccer skills are increasing exponentially here haha. I played alot of soccer today. haha. I love it! its alot of fun. 

anddd the last thing is a received an "assignment" this week! haha. I will now be teaching the sunday school classes to the jovenes on sunday in church! :) hahaha. Since my calling is a missionary, I cant have another calling... so i recieved the assignment to be the sunday school teacher :) hahaha Im really excited to do that! it will be fun :) I start next week!

Welllllll mas que eso.... I cant think of anything! Im loving my time here. Its so much fun. And I get another 7 weeks here in Longavi :) Im excited! Elder Cowden and I are going to have ALOT of success! We already know it and are really excited!!! :D haha.

Well, Ill just finish with sharing that I know that This is the only true church here on the earth today! The more people I meet, the more scriptures I read, the more I pray, the more I do the lords work, my testimony just continues to grow and grow and strengthen and strengthen. Theres NOTHING wrong with this church! It is the perfect Church of Jesus Christ (of latter-day saints. haha) and especially in this Christmas season I am super thankful for Christ and our Heavenly Father and alllll that they did, do, and will do for us. Christ came to the earth and died for us so we can become like him and live in happiness forever! IIIIIm so happy to be doing what Im doing. Its fun. haha. I love it! I hope youre all doing well and have an aweeeeesome christmas and month of December! I love you all and miss you all! Que este bien! Merry Christmas!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment