Sunday, January 27, 2013

December 10, 2012 Yes, I am having alot of fun on my mission.

Well IIIIII had another interesting/weird week... 

So every Tuesday we have District Class in Linares. And so this past Tuesday during District Class I was FINALLY able to OFFICIALLY pass off those scriptures that I've kept telling you about! I WAS SO HAPPY. and I felt so accomplished. And I feel bad for my district leader. hahaha. Because he just has to sit there and listen to me recite them all for him to make sure I've got them and then pass them off... So he got to sit there for about 40 minutes and listen to me recite scriptures to him in spanish hahaha. BUT! I did it! officially. And I am soooo happy. Also (sidenote) my district leader finishes his mission this week and is going home :( Weird. I really like him alot he is super cool. Were alllll going to miss him. Heeee was an awesome example! I learned alot from him! haha.

Anyway. Tuesday I also started to get a little sick... my throat was sore, but not that bad. But I didnt do anything, thought I would get over it. But by Thursday... I woke up, and I felt like DEATH. I felt TERRIBLE. I had the worst headache, and my nose was completely stuffed, and my throat killed, and my chest hurt, and even weirder, my skin was suuuuper sensitive and all my bones just like ached! It was weird! but I felt terrible. And so super long story short but it was so bad that we ended up not going out to work in the afternoon because I didnt get much better :/ I ended up changing out of my clothes back into pajamas and resting the whole day... but I didnt get a blessing or pass by the doctor that day... 

But so finally on Friday I woke up and felt alot better... But still pretty sick. But so we went to work anyways haha and just thought I was getting better so didnt do anything about it. The day turned out fine and....

Finally on Saturday, I woke up feeling still even better, but still sick. The other Elders in the house had a mini cambio with the District Leader and his companion, so they were coming to the house in the morning to switch back, so I finally asked the DL "Hey when you guys get here, can you give me a blessing?" so he obviously accepted, and during the blessing mentioned something about "when you go to the doctors...." and then when he was done he said "okay so are you guys gonna finally go to the doctor now??" and we said "yeahhhh. We'll goooo..." so fiiiinally after lunch we passed by La Urgencia... and this is what happened:

I walked in, and checked in. Beforehand, Elder Cowden had mentioned to me how his elbow still hurts really bad from his accident last week, to the point he cant use it/move it much, and wondered if he should get it check out, so I told him yes, so HE checked in to get it looked at as well. So we both entered into the doctor rooms at the same time, and the doctor asked me what was wrong. I told him I was sick with a cold or something, he asked me if he could inject me, i said yeah sure, I got another shot in the butt (took it like a champ this time. I swear its their solution to everything...) and then gave me a prescription to make me better. Seriously took like all of 4 minutes. But elder cowden was the problem... 
They wanted to give him a shot in the butt too (because his elbow hurt? I SWEAR its the answer to everything... haha) but he was super stubborn and was doing everything to get around it and was like yelling in the room and everything haha. But he finally gave in and got HIS first Chilean injection. And then they said they wanted him to get an x-ray on his arm just in case to check it out, but needed to know if we had insurance... So then we spent FOREVER calling allll around the mission and the office figuring out what we should do if they wanted to get him an x-ray (and yes, president humphrey now officially knows about Elder Cowden´s accident. He didnt get around that one hahaha) So finally we had permission to yes, get an x-ray... but the x-ray was in the hospital in Linares. So then we had to go to Linares. BUT, they gave us a free ride in the back of an ambulance hahaha.
My first ambulance ride in my life!!!
So then it was just Elder Cowden and I chillin in the back of an ambulance by ourselves, basically completely healthy, (which was really funny and fun. We took advantage of that time. I have good pictures of it) and went out to linares, spent FOREVER in Linares getting an xray, only to then have to go straight back to Longaví to tell them that there was nothing wrong with his elbow, just pain, to which they replied "oh okay. Youre good then! Have a good day!" And they gave him no medicine or anything. Just a shot in the butt. He was SO mad hahaha. and it was jst really funny. Because technically we went to the doctor for ME, but spent the WHOLE day running around making phone calls getting an x ray and allll this stuff for Elder Cowden, and I was done and good in like 4 minutes. hahaha. Idk. Maybe you had to be there. But hey I got good pictures from it haha. So we ended up leaving to work a lottttt later that day than we had planned too haha... 

Lets see... the other thing is Sunday we had a cool experience with the Branch! Since its offically now the month of Christmas, the branch presidents wants all the hymns and everything in church as christmas hymns, and wants to make sacrament meetings a little more special... starting with a musical number by the missionaries!! And it turned out REALLY well! It was super simple but everybody loved it. We sang the 1st two verses of silent night to them, accapella, in english! haha. And then like they always do in the states, we asked them ALL to join us in singing the last verse (in spanish obviously) and it turned out realllllyyyyy well! And everybody loved it and we could feel the spirit really strong and everything. It was awesome when we were done to see people smiling and cheerful, some people were holding themselves back from clapping, some people did do little cheers because they liked it so much, and even a few people had tears! haha. And its just funny and was such an awesome experience because this is just a little tiny branch here in the middle of Chile. And its veryyyyy rare they get to experience stuff like that. Almost none of them have ever heard of MoTab before, who knows when the last time they had somebody play piano to accompany them, and like I mentioned before, they dont know the hymns at all!  But just that little musical number we did and had them all join in and really feel the spirit, and just to do something like that was so awesome. I dont know if any of this is making sense right now sorry haha. I feel like its not, but it was just such a cool experience and I was so happy for the people. That they could experience feeling the spirit and the happiness through the hymns! Because we all know I love music and all that stuff, so it makes me sad these people dont really get to experience even just the hymns to their full potential. Because its really easy for me to feel the spirit through music. So yeah. Thats another reason im really wanting to do this music class. So that can continue to happen! Idk it was just a cool experience. Take advantage of how strong the church is in the US! Its a huge blessing in disguise. Even just the hymns. Even when you have to sing all 7 verses in the Pleasant 1st Ward :) hahahaha. At least we know theres 7 verses to the songs! :P (Is that sister still the chorister? I cant remember their names now! :/ )

Well anyway, I just ran out of typing energy. I dont feel like typing alot more haha. So ill just let you know that Anny and Enrique are progressing REALLY well... and next week I imagine I will be reporting that they are officially going to get married! Were really excited and are super happy for them!!! We have our christmas conference this week in the mission, so I imagine Ill learn about skyping rules for Christmas there... as of now I still dont know anything haha. But yeah besides that, Idk!!! Im just loving loving loving it here in Longavi. We have a short cambio this week because otherwise cambios would fall on the day OF christmas, so this cambio is 5 weeks and the cambio after is 7 weeks! and then the cambio after that with all the age changes is 3 weeks. haha idk its weird stuff. ANyway. Thats all though. I love you all and am still working hard and loving doing it! Im having alot of fun. I hope all is well ith you! And hope you have an awesome month of december! Remember Christ during this month! The savior died for us, yet he lives! and We will receive the same great blessing. Im so thankful for the savior and for his great work he did here on the earth. I love the gospel and iiii love this church! and I love you all! I miss you! Be good!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment