Sunday, January 27, 2013

12/24/12 ¡Feliz Navidad!

Well! Ill just keep this quick and to the point... Because tomorrow we'll be skyping!!!

So basically we had a good and bad week! Good week because it was fun and had a good time during the week, bad because it ended up that Julian nor Anny and Enrique were baptized :/ Long story, but, Julian WILL be baptized this week! And Anny and Enrique are still so close to taking that final step... But we got the faith it will happen this week :) We're working hard for it! 

The weather has been crazy, and raining alot and cold. But some days it has been completely sunny and hot without a cloud in the sky... Haha. Bipolar weather!

Uhhhhm it doesnt feel like christmas at all!!! haha. But im super excited to be skyping with the fam tomorrow!!! Woo hooooooo!!!!!!!! Its such a weird feeling. It doesnt feel real! haha

So here's how it will happen:

We have to borrow laptops of some of the members to occupy for tomorrow, then one hermano en la iglesia has an office that actually has good internet (haha) So he is going to pick us up from our house, take us to this office, and explain how things work, and then we can skype! So it sounds like 2 oclock my time would work best for you. So we'll try and get it as close to there as possible! But so obviously I would recommend having skype open and ready casi todo el dia and with the volumen up all the way so when I call it can be heard haha. Just to avoid any possible or potencial problems. But Iiiiiiiiim really excited. Idk. I dont have any certain requests for it.... I just kind of want to see everyone (obviously) and just talk and be happy and have a good time of it! haha. I get an hour of skyping. And Im really excited. Its going to be super weird. The thing im most nervous for is speaking spanish with mom and dad and chris. hahaha. THAT will be extremely weird. Dont judge my spanish. hahaha. Like literally thats what im most nervous for. But it will be fine :) 

anddddddd last but not least... I got my package!!!!!!!!! Woooo hoooo!!!! A few days ago the Zone leaders in linares called to tell us they had mine and Elder Cowden's package at their house. So today for P-day we made a special trip out to linares to go get our packages from their houses hahahaha. And Jen I DIED laughing at the package. At first I was so confused why there were Virgin Mary stickers and crosses on the package. It took me a full 2 and a half minutes to figure it out. hahahaha. But worry not! The package came in perfect condition! I doubt it was even touched! Made it safe and sound. Looks like the pictures worked :P But thank you!!! We have a mini Christmas tree in our house and so we put all our stuff under it... Unfortunately and sadly Elder Klepinger and Elder Conti's packages (Elder Vargas left? Did I mention that? Im officially the missionary thats been around the longest in Longavì. Weird haha) anyway their packages didnt arrive on time :/ So after email elder cowden and I are gonna go buy some little stuffs so they can have tomorrow haha. 

But Yeah! Mas que eso... Nada! I'm just really excited to talk with everyone tomorrow!! Its not even real to me. haha. 

But... I will end this Christmas letter with my Christmas testimony! haha. Christmas is a very special time of the year. And especially passing my first Christmas as a missionary, I understand the importance of Christmas, and the importance of keeping and focusing our thoughts on Christ during this time! Christ, the Son of God, was born here on this earth to complete the will of the Father. He lived his life perfectly, and was and is the perfect example for us to follow. He always helped others, thought of others, and did whatever He could, always for others. But most of all, He gave the greatest Christmas gift of all! Through his ministry here on the earth, through his suffering, and through his sacrifice on the cross, He gave us our chance at salvation. So that the joy we feel here on the earth, can be made even greater, and we can continue to have it throughout eternity! That`s why we celebrate Christmas. That`s why its such a happy and great time of year! Because the spirit of CHRISTmas is all around! Bring that spirit of CHRISTmas with you at all times throughout the year, and you can always be that happy! I promise you. Always remember that!

anyway. I love you all and miss you very very much. I cant wait to Skype with the fam tomorrow! Its going to be awesome!!!! I love you all! Have a merry christmas, and a happy new year! 

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment