Monday, May 6, 2013

April 1, 2013

Hey peeps! How goes it?  I am well. I hope you`re all good too. 

We had a good week this past week! We had 2 confirmations of Patricia and Cristian! So our baptisms were officially finalized haha. So were happy and excited about that. AND we even got them there 15-20 minutes early, and Cristian had a white shirt, pants and a tie! It was a special meeting for them :) So we were happy about that! 

This week we were ALSO supposed to receive 4 mini missionaries in our house! That means I would have been with some young joven, and that Elder Adamson, Arancibia, and Arèvalo were all going to have their own little jovens to leave with as well. BUT, super long story short, two of them didn´t show up... so only Elder Arancibia and Arèvalo had mini-misioneros. haha. So we were a little sad because when we received that news we were excited because it was going to be fun and we thought it would really help out our sector... But maybe it was better that way because Elder Adamson DID feel a little more secure without some latin to guide around since he`s so new haha. Oh well. He couldve done it! :P So anyway, two kids 16 and 17 years of age came and were with us from friday to sunday. It was interesting. They were a little molestoso.... But we survived! 

Funny/interesting story from the week... The house we live in here in Lautaro straight up is just pretty crappy. haha. Its a junker. But... its alright. BUT the problem with it is just its so dirtyyyyyy. Like Elder Adamson and I do really well keeping all our stuff clean and organized. All of our stuff is way good... And im not judging but I just have this feeling, living in Chile and living with 2 latins and all.... That latinos are just naturally dirtier/less organized people.... Because their parts of the house and their stuff is just ridiculously dirty... haha. So basically like friday or saturday morning... I ended up getting really mad at them. And I yelled at them haha... And its a long story... But basically Elder Adamson and I just have our own bowls and spoons and stuff we use for eating and blah blah blah.... And after actually washing them we just guardarlos on our own little food shelves (is this making sense?...) and usually Elder Arancibia and Arèvalo dont use them because they realize theyre for US because were actually taking care of them. Well the other morning EVERYTHING was used and dirty, except for the stuff that Elder Adamson and I use. So Elder Arancbia just started using all my stuff. And so I asked him "Why are you using all my stuff??" And he said "Cuz theres nothing else..." and so I got just a tiny mad and said "Dont use my stuff..." and went to go find something else to use. But then entered the kitchen and saw the TERRIBLE and 110% dirty state of the kitchen and all the stuff. So then I told him "Maybe if you guys freaking washed your stuff there would be something to use! Wash that bowl when youre done and let me use it after you..." and then went back upstairs. So at this point I was just frustrated... But after I had gone back up stairs, the 2 other Elders and the 2 mini missionaries said something to eachother, and in the little english Elder Arancibia knows, swore at me and called me a Gringo with some other adjectives attached to it... and THATS when I got mad. So then I walked back downstairs and basically yelled and them and shared a few thoughts. So first off, THAT was a new experience for me. Being very mad and yelling at someone in spanish. hahaha. It was interesting. Ive never been mad and yelled at someone in spanish before haha. But the thoughts were clear and I didnt stumble on the words so were all good. I didnt sound stupid. haha. Secondly, they shut up. and thirdly, a little later Elder Arancibia and I had an ACTUAL talk instead of me just saying words loudly in their faces and we cleared things up. So him and I are all good, the kitchen and house is alot cleaner, and we all learned valuable lessons from this experience. haha. Andddd thats the story... haha. 

We had a good Easter! It was nothing different from any other day, but the day before Elder Arancibia had bought some little mini chocolate eggs and we hid them aruond the house and went to find them hahaha. It was really funny and fun. So that was the only thing especially special about the day, besides it being a wonderful time to remember the savior`s resurrección of course! :) haha. 

Anddd... the other thing is that we`ve started going service for the members here! and its been cool :) This past week I learned alot of random stuff about gardening as we cut someones lawn.... with scissors. hahaha. They  dont really have lawnmowers here and they just all cut their lawns with really large scissors haha. That was fun! But like really we actually learned alot of stuff about gardening that was pretty cool ahha. I never knew gardening was something so dang complicated. I always just thought it was "Oh hey the grass and bushes are getting too long. Lets go cut them." haha. I have a greater respect for all your gardening now, Mom! :D haha. 

But more than that... Nothing really new! Thats about it. The interesting things that happened this week. Elder Adamson is really improving and progressing alot. Hes an awesome missionary and hes going to do way good in the mission! Im loving the time here and all that im doing! We had a much more successful week the past week, so were looking forward to keeping that going! haha. Bueno. Voy a seguir ahora... Todovia no he encontrado una manera para enviar mis fotos..... estoy buscando perdonnn :( Lo voy a encontrar, les prometo!!! Les quiero mucho y les echo de menos! Espero que todo este bien y que disfruten de su semana! Que les vaya bien!!!

I love the work! Im doing well. Ive been in the mission 9 months! Que loco. I keep growing more and more each week! haha. Love you all. Que este bien! 

-Elder Heyman


No comments:

Post a Comment