Monday, May 13, 2013

May 6, 2013 Hello World

Hello everyone! Hows it going? I hope all is well. Im super excited to talk with.... someone from the family... haha still not completely sure how it works, but for sure ill be speaking with my parents next sunday!!! Im super pumped!! :D haha. I am also very happy to report I received 2 packages this week! 1 from my parents and 1 from my Grandma and Grandpa Curtis!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! The gifts were fantastic, and the food SO GOOD. haha thats always basically my favorite thing to receive in a package... food. GRACIAS!!! haha

So anyway heres a little bit from the past week!

On Tuesday we had a mission conference and so it was way fun getting to see a bunch of the missionaries I know and such... Its weird to see how many missionaries I know now! haha but so we did that, it was fun, learned alot and everything... haha. Idk I liked it. At these conferences they always do testimonies of the Elder and Sisters that are leaving in the next cambio... and there were a TON this time. And it was awesome to hear their testimonies and see the growth theyve gone through on their mission. Inspiring. haha. Also I realized that President and Sister Humphrey are leaving in the next 2 months :( Which made me really sad. Because its actually way funny how much they both remind me of Mom and Dad. President and Humphrey are basically my temporary parents for now haha. Theyre awesome and remind me so much of my own Mom and Dad! Funny thought: So whenever I give President Humphrey a hug at the conferences or just whenever I see him I always imagine I`m giving Dad a hug hahaha. And Sister Humphrey doesnt give hugs to Elders so I just always feel like Im talking to Mom when I talk with her! hahaha. Miss you Mom and Dad! They only say FANTASTIC things about you two!!

We had a few service projects this past week! haha First off, we painted this like... City Building? I dont know what its called or how to describe it... But point is... we painted it. haha. The only way I can think to describe it is that it would be the HOA headquarters building thing?... haha ya i have no idea. So anyways, one morning we painted that. Go us. And then another day Elder Adamson and I did a service project with our bishop! and we helped him organize his garage a bit haha. It was fun! and it was awesome to talk to him and get to know him a bit better and stuff haha. Because he`s really young! He`s only 28. So he always gets along great with the Eldersbecause he`s got alot of animo and is super funny haha. But anyways, so that was fun to do those service projects.

And the LAST thing from the week is that on Sunday, it was Fast and Testimony meeting. BUT before they did all the testimonies, I did a special musical number! :) And so I played I`ll See You There! and it seemed to have an awesome effect for the ward! :) So YES they have a piano good enough to play here in this ward haha. Its a keyboard still but its a nice keyboard. So anyways, (Mom you`ll understand this part) the ward usually has alot of problems with reverence in sacrament meetings... So before I played I gave a super short testimony, and then made the invitation that while I was playing to have a SUPER silent and reverent time, with phones off and children the mas tranquilo posible... hahaha. And anyway, it turned out great! and people really liked it and really felt the spirit from it. So i am VERY happy I got to do that :) 

And so that was the week! Investigator update: Erica.

Right now were working with a woman named Erica. Shes a single mom and has 5 kids. 4 live with her. she lives with twins that are 16, and has a 6 yr old and a 3  yr old. And theyre suuuuuper poor :/ Whenever we teach them the house is just FULL ha. But so she LOVES church and is super excited to get baptized! She has alot of animo about changing her life and is always super dispuesta to do the things we teach her! So were hoping all goes well there. But the difficulty is including her two 16 yr old sons :/ because they just dont want to do it. Theyre super cool and nice but their lives are dedicated to playing futbol... So anyways thats the challenge. Getting them included. We try, but Erica isnt much help with it... haha. We always invite them to do things and teach them and so on... but they dont want to do it. So were working with that... haha. I hope all goes well there.

And as to address the super anti animo from last week, things are slowly getting better. haha. So its just... if things arent going right and youre not having success and arent happy... you just gotta take a deep breath, back up, and go at things in a different way. So were working on that. But poco por poco things will be better haha. :D

Anyway. I dont know why the font changed midway through. Oops. Oh well. BUT! Im excited to talk with family members on Sunday! woo hoo! haha. But yeah. Im gonna go now. Thats all folks. I love you and miss you. CTR. fo sho. Nos vemos!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment