Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Week of Progression 07/22/2013

So ive got lots of stuff to do today and not too much time, so ill keep this letter short and probably leave out quite a few details... but there were a few things I wanted to share from this week.

So i've now been out on the mission a year and 1 month. And im happy to say that this past week I finally came to understand my purpose as a missionary. It was quite the search. but im finally coming to understand my purpose as a missionary! on the first page of chapter 1 in preach my gospel, it states our purpose. Each week we recite our purpose as missionaries. and after more than a year of all that, this week it finally hit me! That i am called as a servant of God to represent Him, to go and call his children to repentance and to come unto Him. And obviously those are things I already knew, but it finally just hit me in a new way this week. And it all just made sense and just blew my mind haha. And ive been able to apply what i learned this past week, and ive really been able to feel a difference in the work that i am doing. I dont know what it was... bueno. Obviously it was the spirit that taught me, but i dont know why it took me so long to realize it or anything... Anyway. I am very happy that i am now starting to understand my purpose as a missionary, and am so grateful for the gift of the holy ghost in my life, and for God`s perfect plan of progression that He has for us. Its an amazing thing. 

and really.... thats about the only thing I really have to share haha. Its super cold here. Thankfully it hasnt been raining to much, but its definitely really cold. But im dressed well so i keep warm. Things are going super well with Elder Panduro. He`s an awesome companion and we get along really well. I love him to death haha. He`s sper funny. Im also very much enjoying the companionship of the other two missionaries with whom we live. We also have a few investigators with which were working, and we hope to have a baptism the first week of August. Her name is Silvia, and the biggest thing that stops her from getting baptized is support and the acceptance of her decision from her parents. So pray for her so we can help her! 

But more than that... basically all is well. All is well and I can continue learning and progressing... so things are good! The biggest challenge is still finding the prepared people who are ready to be baptized, and were still working on our (my) relationship with the members, but basically all is well. Thank you for your prayers on my behalf and the support and love you guys have for me. It all helps :) but.... 

Like I said im going to keep the letter short. There are lots of other things but... Otro dìa serà. I love you and miss you all. This is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, the only path to eternal life and exaltation. The true plan of happiness. and all we have to do is follow Christ :) I love you and miss you all. Have an awesome week! 

Con mucho amor,

Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment