Sunday, July 28, 2013

What a week... 07/15/2013

Welllll what a week. With lots of ups and downs. It was a tough week. Id say it was mas o menos no mas haha. Of course, like always, there were LOTS of things that happend. But I will just highlight a few points. 

On Wednesday I got to do my first baptism interview!! Woo hoo. It was way awesome. And the guy getting baptized was way good. So it was a lot of fun and intersting to be able to do the interview and see how it is haha. And it was interesting the things I learned from it haha. But so I interviewed Johans. He``s like 33 and single but has his girlfriend who is a member and they have plans of getting married soon. haha. So that was good.

On Thursday.... Oh man. Thursday was honestly probably one of the worst days of my mission so far. Everything just went horrible haha. Its a LONGGGG story... But we went to drop our clothes off to the lady who washes our clothes for us, and when we entered she said "We need to talk. Sit down." and basically I got yelled at for 30 minutes and the lady told me how much she didnt like me and how upset and frustrated she was with me and she didnt want to wash my clothes at all and im the first Elder she`s ever had problems with and on and on......... And so anyway. I honestly sincerely did not do ANYTHING. I promise. Im being a good missionary and respectful. The hermana is just very..... sick and fragile. And anyway I wasnt doing things ``her way`` so she got VERY upset. We were there with her about 45 minutes and seriously I had the spirit with me so much in that moment... haha. Its a miracle how calm I was able to stay in the moment and its even MORE of a miracle that everything turned out fine... gah. SO anyways it was real bad, but in the end we solutioned everything and everything turned out fine and shes still washing our clothes and we have a good relationship. Seriously it was a miracle. But then the rest of the day every one of our appointments fell through and the members pooped out on us and... wooooo it was a rough day. haha. 

Then on Friday we had our first interviews with President Arrington! That went super well,, but the interview was surprisingly short haha. BUt thats okay. We had interviews in the house of president because we live less than an hour away. They have a nice house. haha. ANyway, and on friday I had a mini cambio with the assistants! And it was way fun. and interesting haha. Because they showed up super late, and in our sector we had a Family Home Evening at the end of the night and in the other sector a baptism... so we didnt have much time to work. haha. But we did good. And it was interesting because I was with the Elder that drives. And we were short on time. So we worked in the car all the night and drove to the citas and everything. It was sweet. haha. But we had an awesome FHE and i learned alot and it was fun to talk to Elder Rees and learn and everything. It went super well. That was a high point from the week haha. 

And then today we played soccer against another zone for P-day. SO its always a good day when we get to play soccer haha. And it was a super buen partido. 

And thats the rundown of my week. WE``re still on the search for the prepared people that are going to get baptized... Right now we have 2 focuses. Silvia, who is the girlfriend of the second counselor in the ELder`s quorum, and Lilian and Boris, a refernce from some members. Silvia needs the courage to tell her parents the truth and talk to them about the pathway in life she wants to take. And Lilian and Boris just need to feel the spirit testify to them of the truth. SO pray for them AND for us so that happens por favor :) haha

ANyway I love and miss you all. I love being a missionary. Its the greatest thing ever. This truly is the work of the Lord, and there isnt any other work of the Lord. Every member a missionary. Because thats part of the promise you made at baptism :) So get out there and work! Go fight win. Love you all! Have an awesome week! Im extremely hungry and tired... 

Con mucho amor,

Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment