Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hey Party People! Feb. 18, 2013

aha I dont know why but that subject line just popped in my head. How is everybody??

Wellll we had a good week this past week! It was a good week and I`ve learned alot. like I said, my favorite part about the mission is the learning. I love it.

Being completely honest I dont have much for telling this week haha... So i`ll just update you on la obra del señor aqui en Chile.

When I arrived here in Lautaro we basically had to start from ground 0. We didnt have any investigators or anyone really we were teaching or anyone progressing towards baptism or anything... So, we decided to change that! The first week was rough. And I take the blame for it haha. It was my first cambio and my first week in my new sector and I just felt uncomfortable and awkward and didnt know what to do. So during the first week I saw a lot of things we could do to improve the work... but I didnt do anything about it because I felt "out of place" haha. So at the end of our first week we looked back and said "Shoot that was a really crappy week." BUTTT.... I repented and said okay lets dominate this sector... and thats what we did this week! We had a successful week. And so i felt really happy to see that we had made the changes and that it all paid off. Basically, it was cool to see the blessings that came from our hard work! haha. 

So with that, as of right now our "best" or investigadora thats progressing the most is called Paulina. She`s a single mother witha  daughter of 5 years. She`s cool and we introduced her to a member from the ward this week (another girl) and they became like really good friends really fast haha. So were excited that that worked! So she came to church and seemed to like it and everything! So were excited about that. We`re hoping it keeps up that way!

We also have an older guy named Carlos... and he`s hard to teach because he has interest in the church... but his wife is SUPERRRR Catholic. hahaha. But so he didnt come to church this past week because he had a commitment but comitted to coming this week. And we feel strongly that he`ll come! We just hope the wife lets us teach... haha.

And lastly on Saturday night we met another woman named Sandrina. She`s really cool and is really interested in the church. She was going to come to church yesterday, and was up and ready to go super early and everything... but her mom showed up early as a surprise to visit her... so she didnt come haha. but, she has lots of interest in what we have to say so were excited to teach her!

And basically those are the 3 focuses we have for now haha. So you all can pray for them and stuff during the week. Thanks :) haha. 

but so yeah. Long story short we had a good succesful week this past week. And were excited to keep it that way! Were gonna keep working diligently and doing everything we can to have success. and the Lord is going to bless us for that :) My biggest challenge now is just making sure I have the sector memorized in the next week in case that my companion leaves next week for cambios... ah! haha.

anddd Happy Birthday to my niece, the Katiebugggggg this week too! She`ll be turning 6! Shoot my nieces and nephews are getting big haha. Thats crazy. I hope you have an AWESOME birthday Katiebuuuug! I imagine it will be filled with lots of princesses and pink :) haha.

andddd... Yeah I turn 20 this week too! Weird. I wont be a teenager anymore... haha. Thats super weird. So... Idk. Im excited? Not really haha. I havent thought about it much. BUT! Funny story. This past friday the mission office called me and the office missionaries all sang me happy birthday and wished me a happy birthday... haha. And I didnt have the heart to tell them it wasnt my birthday :( hahahaha. I dont even know why. so I accepted it, laughed, expressed my gratitude... and then later in the day I had to call Elder Esparza (mi amigo de Chandler Az tambien!! Esta en la oficina ahora) to ask him a question for my companion... and while i was at it told him about it haha. And he laughed and said shoot... okay we`ll call you on your actual birthday then. haha. So that was funny. Oh well. My biggest birthday wish is just that I pass it tranquilo haha. And have a successful day. But thanks for all the emails I got today! :) It made me happy. I appreciate them!!!

But so yeah... Thats all I can really think of? Elder Larson leaves the mission to go home this sunday... So us 3 missionaries will be in an awkward trio for a day or two haha. But so yeah we`ll be saying our goodbyes to him! Weird! haha

But so yeah. I love you and miss you all! Youre all fantastic! Im loving the mission here, im learning alot, working hard, and always looking for ways to improve! Im excited to keep working hard and having success! I love you all and miss you! Que esten bien!!! Chauuu.

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment