Saturday, March 23, 2013

¡Hola! March 4, 2013

Hola familia y amigos! Como estan? Con una semana con puro latinos, ya he olvidado hablar ingles! :/ espero que yo pueda re aprenderlo despues de la mision :(


haha just kiddingggg. Obviously I still know english. But I HAVE been spaking ALOT of spanish this week. So my brain is a LITTLE fried. But its not that bad! Im doing good :) haha. 

Also I would like do give a forewarning that the E on this kyboard is REALLY bad... So if I lack alot of E´s in this letter..... Sorry :/

Anyway, so my Chilean companion, Elder Arancibia showed up this tuesday! Along with the Peruvian companion of Elder Layseca, Elder Arèvalo! So yes, I am th minority now! haha. its fun. But diffrnt haha. So i live with two chilenos and a peruvian. Crazyyy. Uhhh. So basically  yah. My nw companion is chileno. He speaks really fast. And he`s pretty flaite (which would be like... gangster, thug, something lik that in ingles) So he speaks even worse hahaha. But I can understand him fine. Sometimes he`ll use words or frases or somthing like that that are super... Chilean. Like even the other latinos dont understand it. So i have to tell him to explain it to me or slow down so i can figure it out haha. But he has QUITE the sense of humour... and likes to joke around and stuff haha. Sometimes too much haha... But he really is a hard worker when were out proseliting and teaching and stuff. He gets us into like every house here haha. He`s a really good people person and connects really wll with all the people here! haha. I kind of lost the cord to connct the camera to th computr... haha. So I wont be sending pictures this week... But soon! So yeah! thats  a little bit bout my new comp :P

Uhmmm..... I dont have much else to share.. This past week we taught paulina about the word of wisdom and how she needs to stop drinking and smoking and stuff.... and its gonna be pretty hard for her to stop :/ Shes pretty addicted... Eh bad word choice. Because shes not addicted, but lik.... just NOT really willing to giv it up. So were worried for her :( Gahh. 

Another cool thing that happened this week is that yesterday we had stake conference. But it was a broadcast to all the stakes in chile. So i got to listen to President Monson speak! (Well... I WATCHED him speak and listened to his translator speak :P haha) But the other really cool thing is that I also got to listen to Elder Andersen give a talk... and it was SUPER cool because he actually gave his talk in spanish. No translator or anything! He had a very heavy gringo accent, and sometimes stumbled upon the words and such... But the whole time I was thinking, how cool that I get to listen to an Apostle of the Lord speak to the people in Chile right now... IN spanish! As in... Elder Andersen was actually speaking spanish! haha. It was awsome and it was also awesom to see how humble of a man he is, and how loving and willing he was to give his talk in spanish. Because Im 100% sure that if he wanted, he very easily could have just given th talk in english with a translator, and it would have been alot easier... But still he chose to speak IN spanish to the people, in their native language, to show his love and to connect more with th people. It was just a cool experience and a good testimony strengthen-er haha. 

 Uhhh but yeah. but more than that theres really not much to share... haha. Im just... being a missionary haha. I dont want to bore you to death with the same stuff each week haha. Im tired. I want to sleep really bad. and we still havent eaten lunch haha. So im hungry too hahah. But yeah. Okay.

I love you all and hope all is well. The church is true and seriously, if you want the best, happiest life possible, just live the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its amazing how real these things are. Ive seen the blessings in my life, and ive seen it bless others in their lives during my time here! Never stray away! I love you and all miss you. Que esten bien!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment