Saturday, March 23, 2013

Jokes on youuu!!! February 11, 2013

Well! My first week here in my new sector went well! I like it alot and Im having fun... BUT... Surpriseeee!!!! Im NOT in Lontuè.... hahaha. Let me explain...

So on monday morning last week they called and announced cambios over the phone on speaker phone. So the zone leaders told me I was leaving and going to Lautaro... But we didnt hear it well and didnt understand... And they told us an Elder Turner was going to Lontuè... So we hung up the phone, whipped out our maps to check out who was going where... And Lautaro doesnt show up on the map... But Lontuè does! So I just assumed they said Lontùe and during the day i said "oh im going to Lontue!¨ But Elder Cowden said "No i thought I heard youre going to Lauraro!" So I called the zone leaders again and asked, but they didnt have the list with them, so they just said "Yeah we think youre going to Lontuè? That sounds right!" sooo.... I announced to everyone when I said bye that I was going to Lontuè. And I wrote in my email home that I was going to Lontuè... So then Tuesday morning I showed up at the bus terminal and they said "uhhhh... No. Elder Heyman you´re going to Lautaro." haaaaa..... Soooo. 

HERE I AM IN LAUTARO! hahahaha. Oops.

BUT anyways. Im in Lautaro! Also in Curico, but like 30 minutes away from Lontuè haha. So. It is NOT a little branch. Its a ward! But a smaller ward, with like 100 or so people. Nor is it a poorer, tiny little town, but a much bigger sector haha. Sooo... Surprise to me too :P The bishop is super young (like 28) but with 2 older counselors. and there isnt anyone that plays piano! (and they say there hasnt even been a missionary for a longgg time thats showed up that can play) So im super excited to be able to help the branch out and play the piano for them! I mentioned the possibility of doing a music class again... and they seem to really like it! So hopefully this time it goes through :P I think it wil! 

But SÎ my companion is Elder Vazques and he IS latino! He is from Guatamala and I have a hard time understanding him sometimes haha. I dont know if its his accent or just him or what hahaha. But sometimes I have to ask like 2 or 3 times what he said haha. But hes cool! He`s kind of shy and not a huge fan of putting himself out in the open, so sometimes he`ll get a little nervous when we do contacts or lessons or something. But hes cool! He`s been in the mission for 9 months! Luckily my spanish is at a level good enough that we communicate just fine without problems (unless i dont understand something haha) and so theres not really any barrier! 

We live in a small 2 story house thats pretty dirty haha. I dont know why. It just is haha. But so we sleep upstairs and it gets reaalllyyy hot at night haha. And the shower is super funny. The gas doesnt work all the way, so if you keep the shower on for too long (like more than 2 minutes straight) the gas just dies out and then you have to turn off the shower and wait for 2 minutes before you can turn it on again to get hot water haha. So as im showering im just constantly turning on and off the water. Like Ill get wet, then turn off the water and soap up, then turn it on and rinse off really fast and get my hair wet, then turn it off and soap up and etc etc... haha idk its just super funny to me. Its like a game. haha.

And there are 4 of us that live in the house. 2 gringos, 1 guatamateco, and 1 chileno! And theyre all SUPER cool! The gringo, Elder Larson, once again is from Arizona! He`s from gilbert! haha such a small world. And went to Mesa High. He`s really cool and he`s our district leader. But he goes home in 2 weeks at the end of this cambio! Then there`s Elder Vazques, and then the Chileno, Elder Layseca. I actually get along best with Elder Layseca haha. He`s really cool! Hes a SUPER good singer! and even knows alot of english and sings alot of songs in English haha. AND he has a ukulele here! hahaha. So he has a ukulele and I actually brought the guitar that Elder Sutterfield left behind with me... haha. So he`s teaching me my first song in spanish (se llama yo tengo tu amor. Its really cool!) and im teaching him Billionaire. hahaha. We just recite the words really slow to eachother and try to memorize it hahah. and he`s been helping me alot with improving my spanish haha. So he`s cool. 

So yeah! Im loving it here in Lautaro so far! Ive just been really focused on memorizing everything the past week. The sector, the names of people, the members/menos activos/recent converts... I have a map of the sector that I carry around with me in my back pocket and whip out all the time to figure out where we are and such haha. Its been helpful. But so this past week was just a lot of figuring things out. Where I was, what we can do to mejorar the sector and have more success and whatnot... So im excited for this week to really get going so we can have some awesome success! :) I think the biggest challenge will just be working with the members... So ill be doing lots of studying, thinking, and praying to figure out how we can do that in the best way possible... 

But thats basically all for now... Im just really excited to be here and start working hard here! Ive been speaking more spanish than ever this past week haha. I feel like now sometimes im really actually starting to THINK in spanish... which is super weird haha. And yes I have had dreams in spanish!! Thats weird to wake up in the morning after that haha. Well shooooot man. Thats all for now. I love and miss you all! Im working hard and always trying to find ways that I can improve! Im not perfect, but the Lord forgives me and always gives me a chance to change and improve, and THATS my favorite part about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ive really learned to learn from my mistakes during thetime ive been out here! And sometimes its frustrating... but I always try to keep a positive head because I just think "well... not going to make THAT mistake again! So now I dont have to worry about feeling bad about that cuz now I know what to do in this situation! :)" haha. So yeah. I dont know. I just really love my time out here! Im learning lots and working hard! I love you and miss you all and hope all is going well. The Lord loves us, watches out for us, and blesses us ALOT. Keep an eye out for those blessings! haha. Cuz they are there. Si o si. Anyway.

Les amo y les echo de menos! Que este bien!

-Elder Heyman

No comments:

Post a Comment